To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bookmarks not appearing in bookmarks menu!

Simply put, My bookmarks refuse to appear in the bookmarks pull down menu.

I've noticed too that whilst using cometbird. Try "show all bookmarks" and add them to the bookmarks toolbar. I imported my favorites from IE (which I rarely use as a browser, Firefox being my default) and then I can see them when I click on online bookmarks and then go down to the bookmarks toolbar.

Hopes this helps! :)

Edited by iluvcomputers (see edit history)

If I understand what you're saying correctly, this is not new behavior. It's how Firefox (CometBird is Firefox) deals with imported bookmarks, by putting them into a subfolder.

You can correct this using the "Organize Bookmarks" functionality, to copy (being safe, here) the bookmarks from their subfolder, to the main branch. Once you're satisfied they're working correctly, go back and delete the subfolder.

I guess you're missing the point. Before CometBird 4, just click on the "bookmarks" menu (in between "history" and "Tools" on the menu bar), then all your bookmarks will appear on the drop down. Now, they're gone. They are in bookmarks->show bookmarks->bookmarks menu->then rightclick to open the pop-up menu then left click open to open that particular bookmark. Why mess it up in the first place?

I guess you're missing the point. Before CometBird 4, just click on the "bookmarks" menu (in between "history" and "Tools" on the menu bar), then all your bookmarks will appear on the drop down. Now, they're gone. They are in bookmarks->show bookmarks->bookmarks menu->then rightclick to open the pop-up menu then left click open to open that particular bookmark. Why mess it up in the first place?

That's exactly my problem.