To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Hide My IP Address

Just a thought but what if BC could hide your IP like a proxy server without having to use a proxy or try to configure one on your own. I don't really like seeing my IP address (LAN & WAN) on the stats tab. It would be cool if BC could list a fake IP address for me without affecting the download stream. Do we really want someone to be able to track us by our IP address and see what we are downloading.....?

What if BC could randomly connect through a proxy server after every start just like it does for the random listening ports?

If it can be.....so let it be written, so let it be done.

Actually, this is already in the works, but it's release has been delayed why bugs are being worked out of our VIP service. When implemented, it will require a remote server to do your actual downloading, then our server would send the data direct to you and your IP address would never be used in the swarm.

Read more here...

http://torrentfreak.com/bitcomet-a-bittorrent-client-stuck-behind-a-language-barrier-110218/

And our press release to torrentfreak (pdf)

http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/news/torrentfreak-interview-bitcomet.pdf

However, this service will cost money to operate so it won't be free. There is no way to be 100% anonymous when using bittorrent without hiding behind another computer, and computers as well as the internet connections they run on cost money.

Another option for a heavyduty downloader would be to rent a commercial server (seedbox), and run your torrents on that. You can then use bitcomet (or any ftp client) to download the files from your server to your home pc.

• 2 months later...

Hi, how do i remove/delete/undo my registration/account with Bitcomet??

Thanks

Hi,

The only account you could have with bitcomet is the optional Comet ID account. This is a free service, so we don't have resources available to do unnecessary database edits for users on request, but not to worry, all you have to do is stop using it. The account will become dormant and be no more of an annoyance then the lunar rovers we left on the moon in the 1970s.