To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

MPCSTAR 5.1 play 3gp have no sound

Without a sample of the file that won't play, it would be difficult for the developers to figure out why. Digital video is usually encoded with multiple layers, then all put within a "container". Your only providing the name of the container with no information as to what it contains.

A sample would be best, or you can get a free tool like Gspot that will analyze the video.

Here is some information on .3gp container (source wikipidia)

The 3GP file format stores video streams as MPEG-4 Part 2 or H.263 or MPEG-4 Part 10 (AVC/H.264), and audio streams as AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AMR-WB+, AAC-LC, HE-AAC v1 or Enhanced aacPlus (HE-AAC v2). 3GPP allowed use of AMR and H.263 codecs in the ISO base media file format (MPEG-4 Part 12), because 3GPP specified the usage of the Sample Entry and template fields in the ISO base media file format as well as defining new boxes to which codecs refer. These extensions were registered by the registration authority for code-points in ISO base media file format ("MP4 Family" files).[11] [12] For the storage of MPEG-4 media specific information in 3GP files, the 3GP specification refers to MP4 and the AVC file format, which are also based on the ISO base media file format. The MP4 and the AVC file format specifications described usage of MPEG-4 content in the ISO base media file format

Basically, there could be many different kinds of video within it.

It seems Gspot cannot tell what codec it's using. Perhaps it's something new, or it may even contain DRM (digital rights management) to prevent it from playing.

If your making these videos yourself, then please provide a very small one so that it can be analyzed.

• 2 weeks later...

dear all,

i've just realize that 3gp got no sound on 5.0& 5.1

i tried to down grade to 4.5, 4.6, 4,9 mpc star, then play the same file as before. the sound comes back.

i think its better try to compare the latest version to the old version. may be the bug will be found.

i am really waiting perfect mpc star....

thanx

Edited by gendrix (see edit history)