To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can't double click on my bookmarks

There are many users that are unhappy with version 4.x. Cometbird is developed from Mozilla Firefox, and when they released 4.0, we hesitated to release it because it involved a lot of work making our extensions and enhancements compatible, plus the fact that most firefox users didn't like 4.x, but we began getting a large number of requests and even complaints that we hadn't released 4.x yet, so we did... now we get the opposite, loads of unhappy users.

I'll tell you what I tell everyone. Revert to the last previous version, 3.6.16. We posted a link on the download page for everyone. You'll also want to disable search for updates in the options menu, or it will attempt to update.

Also, ever since I began using firefox back at version 1.2, every time they made a major update, meaning 2.0, 3.0 and now 4.0, there has been loads of problems. I'm not complaining, as this is normal and bugs are fixed as fast as possible being it's freeware, but I would never update to a new major version until it's been released for a few months and all the extensions work, and the major bugs are fixed.

Thats all I can really say at this time, but I'll leave this topic open and perhaps one of our staff or users who uses 4.x can post a solution.

I checked one by one all my add-ons, and finally, I found the culprit: "Browser UI Enhancement 2.11"

Could you tell me more details about this add-ons ? What its main function ? How this add-ons works ? Do we really need it ?

This is an extension developed by cometbird. There are a few options that you can select within it and it handles the way links can be opened and it enables users to translate words in other languages by hovering over them.

I don't personally develop cometbird, nor do I even use 4.x version yet. I prefer to use 3.6.16 until all the issues are resolved. Our development team is in China and they have been made aware of several issues including this and I'm sure they are being addressed.

We will find out about bug fixes when new versions are released by reading the release notes. I encourage you to do the same. If you're fluent in Mandarin (Chinese), then your welcome to visit their forum and speak with them directly.