To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

HELP

the4kinace

1)im using bit comet 1.27 2)my internet connection is virgin media 10mb fibre optic 3)i have a dual modem/router from virgin 4)n/a 5)virgin media security 6)n/a 7)n/a

before i reset my laptop back to t beginning i could drag and drop music files to windows media player. now they dont seem to be a compatible file unless i get lucky with an mp3 file any ideas please

Most media players require that the correct filter for the filetype, be installed on the system separately. If it is not, then the player can't handle that sort of encoding.

One good solution is to use a media player which does not rely on system filters. VLC, from Videolan.org, uses its own internal filters, and can play almost everything you are likely to encounter. I also find it easier to use, and much less intrusive, than Windows Media Player. VLC is freeware, and is actively updated.

Another solution is to install a collection of filters. There can be problems here if the filters conflict with each other, so it is best if compatibility has been tested. I recommend the Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP), which is freely available on the internet, and comes with a couple of optional goodies.

cheers for your help m8 ive put vlc on but still havin same problem and get this message when drag and dropping

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

as i said i dont know whats changed since resetting t laptop but its only with music films still transfer fine

Well, that's easier to solve, you just won't like the solution.:(

"undf" means "undefined", and is VLC's charming way of saying, "I dunno WHAT this is supposed to be!" In other words, its' a damaged file that can't be recognized. VLC doesn't go by what a media file claims it is, but instead by the structure of the file. VLC will play a misnamed or mistyped file without problems.

It's telling you that download is trashed, that VLC can't even figure out from the structure, what that file is supposed to be, but it's so garbled that VLC can't identify it at all.