To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Yellow port

hyperninja

Not sure if i posted in the right section but i really need help!

1) What version of BitComet are you using?

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)?

ADSL2+ (i think)

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

I use a Modem (Speedtouch 516) and portforwarding is enabled in the options.

4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.

Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected.

Only have one modem.

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?

Windows Vista 64, Norton 360, malwarebytes and Windows defender (if thoose counts)

I just cant make the port green, it worked perfectly on my old computer (xp 32bit)

Any help?

Enabling portforwarding and makeing a rule for bitcomet are two very different steps. An analogy would be that enabling user accounts in windows won't magically make user accounts for all your family members, it only makes it possible for them to be created.

Here is a guide for the speedtouch 516

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/SpeedTouch516/SpeedTouch516index.htm

(note that the 516i and 516v6 have separate guides, so make sure you have the 516 before proceeding)

Also understand that setting a static IP address in windows is an important step in this process. If you skip that step, then it will work today, but one day you may reboot and find your port blocked because your computer was assigned a different IP address by your router.

This process isn't difficult and this guide should get you through it.

to give accurate answers, we'll need you to be more specific in what your attempting to do, but I'm guessing you misunderstood one of the instructions.

To get your internal (lan) IP address, go to "start" then "run" (not search) and type "CMD" and hit "enter".

When a command prompt window appears, type "ipconfig/all" and hit "enter". The data displayed will include your IP address that windows uses, which will be your internal IP.

Windows versions prior to vista will list it as "internet protocol", and will likely be 192.168.xxx.xxx. Vista and newer windows versions will list this as "IPv4", and you may need to scroll up to find it, depending on the size of the command prompt window.

Again, accurate information is a must here. You weren't asked to enter your computers internal IP addres and search, you were asked to enter your ROUTERS internal IP address, and load it's web interface (not search).

Your computer and router are different devices and have unique IP addresses. Your computer will list the routers IP as your "default gateway", use that address and it should work.

Your computer's IP address isn't something you find. It's something that you set.

Normally and by default, your computer walks up to whatever it's connected to (your ISP, or your router, or a LAN) and says, "please sir, may I have an IP address?". The ISP gives it the back of its hand, and tosses a beat-up address into the mud beside it.

Change your computer's network settings. Tell it to use a particular address.

(Choose one that's within your router's routable range.

Let's say your router's base address is 192.168.1.1 and it has a netmask of 255.255.255.0 Those things mean that your routable range is 192.168.1.0 through 192.168.1.255 The first three quads must match the router's, the fourth can be any legal value (0-255). Study this until you get it.

So let's choose 42 as your last quad. Because I said so. In this example, tell your computer to use the IP address 192.168.1.42, take the default netmask, use the router's address as the default (and only) gateway.)

So now your computer walks up to the router, pokes it painfully in the chest, and says, "I'm using 192.168.1.42. Got that, punk?"

When you set up your forwarding rule, you tell it to forward your chosen listen port to 192.168.1.42 where your computer is and will be from now on.

It's up to you, as network admin, to make sure nothing else tries to use 192.168.1.42

Ive tried but still nothing.

You tried what exactly? vague answers like this won't help you... I've told you this.

Is there another way to open the port?

By purchasing this device which is not only a modem but a router too, you have installed a home network, making yourself the network administrator. If you don't want to learn how to do it, then find your local technology school and talk to a professor. Ask him to refer you to a hungry geek (student) and offer him $50 to come over and setup your LAN (very reasonable price, but enough that a college student would probably be willing to come to you and help).

Or, you can read the guide again follow the step by step guides, it really isn't hard to do, but just so you understand, this is NOT a bitcomet problem. It's your responsibility to provide internet access to bitcomet. BitComet is working properly and as a courtesy it has informed you that your LAN is not letting peers have access to your computer.

You can also buy software to do it for you, but it's my experience that the software is harder to setup the a portforwarding rule, and it gives your computer yet one more process that it has to run when it's totally unnessary, but if you want to try it, portforward.com sells one, you've probably seen the ads for it when looking at the guide.

I'm not a tech guy but I've downloaded stuff using BitComet, the only problem is this yellow light on the lower right corner, which takes me days sometimes even months to complete a download. I did try changing the settings in my connections according to my upload speed which varies from time to time since I'm using a wireless broadband (7.2 kb - 9 kb) I can't seem to change it to 7kb, when I do try to key in the number 7 it always goes back to 10kb which is not my upload speed. Can you help me please? I already tried disabling my windows firewall, gave bitcomet an exception even to my McAfee antivirus I still get the yellow light.

I'm not a tech guy but I've downloaded stuff using BitComet, the only problem is this yellow light on the lower right corner, which takes me days sometimes even months to complete a download. I did try changing the settings in my connections according to my upload speed which varies from time to time since I'm using a wireless broadband (7.2 kb - 9 kb) I can't seem to change it to 7kb, when I do try to key in the number 7 it always goes back to 10kb which is not my upload speed. Can you help me please? I already tried disabling my windows firewall, gave bitcomet an exception even to my McAfee antivirus I still get the yellow light.

Please make your own topic, it would get confusing if we helped two people in the same topic, but if your using cellular broadband, then you may never be able to receive remote connections (reason for yellow light), and 10kB/s is the lowest setting you can use for upload speed.