To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

utorrent works, bitcomet doesn't?

So I had to reset my modem and router. And tried logging in. No matter what port I used it wouldn't listen. So I thought it was something I did. I downloaded utorrent, it connected to port 26670 and worked. I shut it completely down. Waited, tried bitcomet. And it said it was unable to listen to the exact same port. so now I'm confused as to why this is?

Sounds like you hadn't setup a static IP address, so the port is still being forwarded through your router, but it's being sent to an IP address that your no longer using.

Confirm your computers IP address matches the one in your routers settings.

ps. Two apps cannot use the same port number, once you assigned that port to uTorrent, bitcomet cannot use it, you'll need a unique one for each.

Wiz, the problem is he was trying to use the same port for both programs, which will never work.

also, this is a continuation of this topic

http://www.cometforums.com/topic/12796778-about-to-give-up-every-port-seems-blocked

I've asked him not to make new topics for this exact reason, it just confuses everyone involved and helps no one.

I'm going to close this topic, but you can re-open it if you feel it needs further discussion.