To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

files downloading 100% but are not in preview column nor can be opened to watch

keekedee

i am downloading torrents using bitcomet as always. but on completion they will not open. the green preview arrow is missing. allthough it says 100% percent they will not open.plus progam keeps freezing and files not not completing after restart

Only video and audio files can be previewed, other content such as disc images, archived files, or non audio/video cannot.

Since you havn't identified what files your trying to use, I can only assume they do not fit into these categories.

As for what this means...

and files not not completing after restart

I don't think anyone understands what your saying.

regarding your other topic, besides being rude to type in ALL CAPS, it is not permitted to make multiple topics for the same issue. You have a topic opened here and as long as it remains open, you may reply here with additional info.

Also understand that BitComet's job is to download the files that YOU tell it to download. If these files don't play, then it is either a problem with the files, or (more likely) a problem with your computer not being able to play the video.

Since you seem to have little knowledge of video encoding I'll tell you that an .avi file is a video container that could contain many types of video, so saying they are .avi tells us very little. If you are unable to describe accurately the type of video you're trying to play, then I suggest you post a link to where you got the torrent and we may be able to gather information to help you.

• 7 months later...

I am having the same problem. Everything is going over to .264 or H264.

What do I have to download in order to play them? Everything downloads

fine but it just won't open. I'm of the older generation and need all the

help I can get!