To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

FAILED DOWNLOADS

keekedee

ALL FILES DOWNLOADED ARE AVI FORMAT TORRENTS SUCH AS VIDIO & TV SHOWS. ON COMPLETION OF DOWNLOAD THEY START TO UPLOAD FOR EVERYONE BUT WILL NOT OPEN TO PLAY. I HAVE TRIED DELETING EACH ONE AND REDOWNLOADING BUT ARE GETTING THE SAME RESULTS. I HAVE UPGRADED FROM 1.26 TO 1.27 TO 1.28 BUT IT IS STILL HAPPENING I HAVE EVEN TRIED TO SYSTOM RESTORE BACK SEVERAL DAYS BUT IT IS STILL HAPPENING

Why are you shouting at us?

It certainly isn't us who messed up your system.

There is a topic called "Read This before posting" on top of this section.

After you do read it provide the details mentioned within. Also try naming the video player in which you try to play the files and what EXACTLY are the results instead of just "will not open to play".

Do you see any error message or just nothing happens?

What method are you trying for opening files (e.g. double-click)? Have you tried a different method (e.g. opening a file from within the player)?

Are you sure that the video files are valid (i.e. not bogus ones)?

The more details you give the better.

At any rate, if you download some content with BitComet and you run afterwards a manual hash check and the task progress will still display 100% after the hash-check is finished, that means that BitComet has done its job and got you all the files of the torrent without corruption. So its work is done.

Whether the files you downloaded will play or not, this is now a matter of the files being valid and your system being able to play them (e.g. having the right codecs and player installed).