To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

problems with fowarding port with usb modem

hello i just got a usb modem and i ve got unlimited download but i cant seem to port foward.i get a speed of 40 - 50 kb/s but that is the max i can reach.my bitcomet shows me green light for dht and also green light for the WAN.pls can anybody teach me what i am not doing right as it is getting frustrating.this is what i get in my summary

Up Time: 23:45:11

Overall Tasks: Total:15 / Running: 1

TCP Connections: Established: 70 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 35 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: 41.155.56.202

WAN IP: 41.155.56.202

Listen Port of TCP: 49000 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 49000 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP opened, UDP opened, TCP(ED2K) opened, UDP(ED2K) opened]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [uPNP device not found!]

Disk Boost Service: Running

Overall Download Rate: 44 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 2 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] All BT Upload Slots: 0

Free Phys Mem: 1.41 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB)

Memory Usage: Working Set: 34.51 MB, Commit Size: 45.96 MB

Disk Cache Size: 4 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 476 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Read: 393 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 17.4%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 91336 (freq: 1.9/s), Actual Disk Write: 23452 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 74.3%

Total Downloaded: 37.80 GB (this session: 1.61 GB)

Total Uploaded: 2.81 GB (this session: 22.57 MB)

Please review the "READ THIS before posting" topic, specifically this section.

7) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance.

my spped test result is download speed - 48 kb/s

upload speed - 29 kb/s

listen port 49000 and its open

gen max download - unlimited

gen max upload - unlimited

and thats all i can figure out now.hope this information is sufficient.thanks for your time and help.

Can you please post a link to the speed test results, because I think you have your unit of measurements mixed up and I don't want to give you inaccurate advice.

For example, a measure of 29kb/s is equal to less then 4kB/s. That's pretty slow so I suspect your test result was really 29kB/s.

This will greatly change the recommended settings, so lets make sure we get it right.