To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Prob;lem with downloading

aminull1

Sir,

For the past many years ago i have downloading movies very successfully without problem. But i cannot download movies with The Pirate Bay. "cannot find the server" is the message. For your information i am using window 7 as my operation system.

Anyone helping me, i would be most grateful.Thanks

I am pretty sure my ISP also bans Pirate bay, but this is what works for me...

try this : When in bitcomet, there is a search bar at the top right that you can set to different search sites. I have mine set to use pirate bay... if you want to search pirate bay for specific files just enter the name here and you will be connect through the bitcomet website (not sure how it bypasses the block, but it does) / you can also type anything in and when the pirate bay site pops uo, do your regualr search ( i.e. top 100 etc...)

Hope this works for ya,

Solar....

Thanks solar, great post. Bitcomet directs all searches through atcomet.com. I (personally) wasn't aware it would circumnavigate blocked domains, but it makes sense because it works like a proxy.

Another option would be to use a proxy. There are thousands of free public proxy sites, many are slow and have a lot of advertisements that are annoying. I've used proxy.org before, its a search engine and will connect you to a random proxy site. It may take a few tries to find one that works.

A better option (if solar's method doesn't work) is download "tor browser bundle" or "tor im and browser bundle". This includes a portable firefox browser and will connect you to websites anonymously by directing you through a dozen or more computers world wide. It will be slow, but it works. You can also install "tor" (the onion router) on your system and use your installed browser of your choice, but I prefer the portable one so I can use my default browser without using tor, and anything that you can't connect to you just open in tor's firefox.

ps. tor im and browser bundle also contains Pidgin chat cliennt

https://www.torproject.org/

If you install TOR on your system, please remember NOT to use it for torrent downloading!

The bandwidth on other systems is donated as a courtesy, and they specifically request that you not use it for downloading or torrenting. That means that you must disable TOR before firing up your bittorrent client, and leave TOR off until you shut the client down.

If you start hogging their bandwidth, the people donating it will soon stop ...

Thank you kluelos, good point. You might even get your IP address blocked by the tor network providers. This is why I use the portable browser bundle, it will let you only use tor with that specific browser. I use it if I want to visit ISOhunt, because it's blocked in my country, not by the government, but by isohunt themselves. I was hoping they would just move offshore, but they are determined to fight for the rights to share files.