To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

color tabs are gone after update

blk_illusion

Hi, today my cometbird browser was updated automatically. After the update the color tabs are gone. All the tabs are showing the same color. If I open 3-4 tabs, then suddenly the color appears in some of the tabs. It makes me very annoyed because I can't find the similar tabs easily like before. Is there any solution to this problem? I hope comet team will solve this problem asap.

Thanks.

It's a solution if your unhappy with the update.

I'm using 5.0 on this computer and I believe I disabled the colored tabs a long time ago, so I don't know if this feature was dropped or not. Maybe someone else say if it works on recent versions.

I thought you wanted the colored tabs?

I'm kind of confused, and I know some people think the colored tabs were pretty, but to me, I want my software to function. I don't want to run extra processes and memory to make thinks like icons animate, or to make tabs change color... I like appearance, but I like performance more, so I uninstall anything that I don't need, and turn off things like thumbnail caching in windows... all this makes my system much faster, but as for colored tabs,it probably doesn't use enough resources to make any differennce, but the option to disable it was in one of the browser extensions.I set the option when I was using CB3, so I'm sure the option has moved/changed several times since... so just have a look and you'll probably find it.

ps. As a disclaimer. I administrate this forum for bitcomet, and altough I use and support cometbird, I don't develop it,and am only a user, just like you.

I think the colored tabs are easier to distinguish, and they don't hurt performance.

But I confess, with TUUS, to being vastly confused. Colored tabs are not the default, they come from an extension that you have to go out of your way to get. The title of this thread indicated that you were upset they were gone, and wanted them back.

If you don't like them, then simply uninstall the extension that adds them. If you do like them and want them back, check to see if there is a version of the extension that is compatible with the latest Firefox/cometbird.

Ya bro I like color tabs. But the problem is that my browser isn't showing colors in the tabs like before. Before there were different colors for the tabs, the similar tabs were grouped together. But now the colors doesn't appears to group the similar tabs. 1st there is no color, then suddenly the yellow color appears, it's annoying sometimes because the main function of the color tabs are gone, so why should I use them? Anyway thanks for the patient replies. I wish you could convey this message to the cometbird developers. :)

Thanks

2wftmzd.jpg

I think you must be talking about some other extension. For me, colored tabs makes each tab a different color -- first one is green, next one is red, third is blue, fourth yellow. It does not group them.

In any case, you need to figure out exactly which extension you were using and hopefully find a current version of it. This is all on the extension developers. The browser developers have nothing to do with it and can't help you.