To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet 1.29 Locks up!

Prefix1

I am using Windows XP SP3. Everything was working just fine until the Upgrade came (1.29).

Now it Locks up EVERY time I use it. I've noticed that it locks up after a download has completed. Other times the screen turns white and it locks up, however it allows you to shut it down on the task bar, right click, Close.

Any way for me to go back to the older version besides using RESTORE?

sounds like your problem could be related to a failed attempt to launch a virus scan or final hash check when complete. If either of these options are enabled, you can try disabling them.

You can install any version you like from the link in my signature.

To answer in more detail, you can install any version of BitComet over any other version, as a general rule.

There is one transition which will apparently lose your current tasks, but they're not lost, it's just a change in where they're stored, and it only happens under certain circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like you inadvertently changed settings when you upgraded. Try downgrading to the previous version and see if the problem persists. If it does then this is probably what happened, and you'll need to go over your configuration again.