To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

problem in playing videos

vipsie

hello admin.... i m a user of mpcstar 5.3 and i am suffering from a problem. the problem is that whenever i play a movie in high defination and size of 800MB or more then the movie do not play properly. it becomes too much slow and each frame of movie is missed. this same problem occurs in full screen too. i.e. whenever i play it in minimized form some plays it in usual manner and whenever i enter full screen it automatically goes slow... it makes using it a headache. my computer specification is that i m having 1gb ram and 2.8 ghz microprocessor. kindly suggest me the solution for it

hello admin.... i m a user of mpcstar 5.3 and i am suffering from a problem. the problem is that whenever i play a movie in high defination and size of 800MB or more then the movie do not play properly. it becomes too much slow and each frame of movie is missed. this same problem occurs in full screen too. i.e. whenever i play it in minimized form some plays it in usual manner and whenever i enter full screen it automatically goes slow... it makes using it a headache. my computer specification is that i m having 1gb ram and 2.8 ghz microprocessor. kindly suggest me the solution for it

I`m not the appropriate person to answer your question, but what am I seeing of your problem is,

you are using a micro processor, like intel Atom right? and you are playing a high Definition movie on that computer.

correct me if I`m wrong, IMO, your processor is not capable of buffering your video correctly.

or perhaps that you have no graphic driver, or not updated.

so this is my suggestion.

update your driver if needed, and update your MPCStar to 5.4 as it support the intel Hardware acceleration.

• 2 weeks later...

If this problem is present on all versions of mpcstar, then you most likely have a problem with codecs installed on your system. If this only happens in this one version of mpcstar, then I'd like to have a small sample of a video you're trying to play so we can confirm the problem independently (on a different system).

You could try playing it in VLC player (videolan.org), if it plays in VLC, but not in other players, then it would seem to suggest it's a codec problem.

• 1 month later...