To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet Account Use

somesh212

Greetings,

This is the first time I am posting at bitcomet forum and am very excited in doing so. :P

• BitComet Version 1.29.
    • Internet Connection Type:- Broadband.(Wired)
    • Modem is from Beetel and product name is ADSL2+CPE 410TC1.
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, AVG Internet Security 2011 (Antivirus) , Windows Firewall.
    • Download Speed and Internet Plan (Via speedtest.net) :-

1588309812.png

My Question is that I heard from my friends and people from different parts of the world that, using a bitcomet account helps a lot in downloading torrents. So I made one in 2008 and since then using the same account for downloading and uploading purposes. I have gained a descent rank too in the past few years while uploading a lot of torrents that I have downloaded till now.

The thing that irritates me is the download speed. Even after sharing a lot of torrents, I dont get a very fast download speed. Torrent speed increases if seeders increase. Even after having a lot of seeders I still get speed not more than 70kbps.

My port number for bitcomet is 57915.

What should I do to have the rightful download speed according to seeders upload rate. I want to enhance my download speed. It takes me more than 7 hours to download a 1.5GB file from Torrent which already have a lot of seeders.

Please help me and FORCE me to get a descent fast download speed.

Thanks and Regards

Somesh Singh

Comet Id :- Somesh212

Edited by somesh212 (see edit history)

Please let me know that if I was rude or disrespectful while posting this Topic.

I am new to forum so dont know much about posting here.

Though I read the rules but still its better to ask once just to crosscheck if I am wrong or right :rolleyes: :)

BitComet doesn't measure speed in Kb/s but in KB/s.

1KB/s = aprox. 8kb/s. Hence your 70KB/s equals aprox. 70 x 8 = 560Kb/s = 0.56Mb/s. As you can see you're downloading at your connection's full capacity.

The only thing you can do to enhance your download speeds is to buy a better Internet subscription plan.

So it means one can download only upto [(Speed plan)/8]kbps? But I have seen myself ..a friend of mine with 256kbps speed had more than 200kbps download speed!

You're still mixing up your bits and Bytes. As grey wizard explained, you ARE downloading at 560kb/s, bitcomet is just measuring the download using a different unit. 560kbs=70kBs. Your internet provider gives you a maximum of 580kbs and your using nearly all of it, that's the best you can possibly hope for. Many people are lucky to be able to use even 500kbs from a 580kbs connection, so you must have your settings optimized properly.

Your friend with a 256kbs connection that is downloading at 200kbs is about average for that connection, and measured in Bytes, he is downloading at 25kBs.