To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

SLOWING DOWN WHOLE INTERNET CAFE

AS OF MY EXPERIENCE WHENEVER I USE BITCOMET IN INTERNET CAFES, I NOTICED THAT EVERY SYSTEM IN THE CAFE NOT FUNCTIONING WELL OR EVEN NOT ABLE EVEN BROWSE THE NET.

I SAW PEOPLE COMPLAINING, NET DISCONNECTED BUT I AM ABLE TO DOWNLOAD, WHENEVER I STOPPED OR SUSPENDED AGAIN THEY CAN BROWSE.

WHY

WHY

WHY

WHY

WHY...................................???????????????????????????

1. Writing in ALL CAPS on the Internet, means SHOUTING!

Unless you feel entitled for some reason to constantly shout at us (in which case I would like to hear it) you need to stop doing that or you might eventually get a ban.

2. This is not a feature request topic. MAKE SURE YOU POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION of the forum.

3. When asking for help or support make sure you include all the information requested in the "Read This Before Posting" topic which is liked all over the forums.

Until such time this post will be moved into the Incomplete and Deleted section.

Upload bandwidth is very limited on most internet connections.

Bittorrent clients will suck up every bit of it if not carefully restrained.

Every packet that is sent, must be acknowledged. That ACK goes into the upstream traffic queue and waits its turn to be sent. The ACK, like all packets, has a definite maximum time-to-live. If a bittorrent client has jammed the queue full of requests, then the ACK in question expires in the queue, never sent.

The site that was waiting for the ACK never gets it. Eventually, that site resends the same page, (though the user already received it) and waits for another ACK. To the user, it looks like the internet is stuck.

This is why most public wifi places forbid the use of peer-to-peer applications like BitTorrent, and it's just good manners not to use them.

The vast majority of public WiFi sites can and usually do block ALL ports. There's no reason not to and it keeps somebody from trying to get around the block. Remember that we're talking about unrequested, unsolicited incoming traffic. You only deal with that if you're running a server of some kind, and nobody's got any business trying to run a server on someone else's WiFi.