To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

DHT Connected: 0

ryanms91

I've looked for a while online and can't seem to find a solution for this... My DHT says it's connected, but it says "DHT Connected: 0" which isn't helping...

What version of BitComet are you using? I just downloaded it. It's version 1.30

Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port? I know this could complicate things, but I'm living in the dorms on a school campus so I'm using their Wi-Fi and don't know anything about their modems or routers...

What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? I use Windows 7, and I don't really use any firewalls or antiviruses that I know of.

Yes, it's been doing this since I opened it. It still works, but it will only connect to like one person at a time and even that doesn't last for very long. I've been torrenting a file for the past 14 hours and it has only downloaded 211 MB...

Here's the info from the statistics tab:

Up Time: 13:44:10

Overall Tasks: Total: 1 / Running: 1

TCP Connections: Established: 2 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 3 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: 10.141.41.184

WAN IP: 149.169.207.230

Listen Port of TCP: 16065 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 16065 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP added, UDP added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [uPNP device not found!]

Disk Boost Service: Running

Overall Download Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] All BT Upload Slots: 0

Memory Usage: Working Set: 27.42 MB, Commit Size: 47.06 MB

Free Memory: Phys: 25.08 MB (Min to keep: 50 MB), Pagefile: 1.37 GB, Virtual: 1.71 GB

Disk Cache Size: 6 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 212 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Read: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 100%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 13524 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Write: 213 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 98.4%

Total Downloaded: 229.46 MB (this session: 229.40 MB)

Total Uploaded: 793.91 KB (this session: 787.81 KB)

Hopefully this will help figure out what's wrong...

DHT needs the UDP port to be open. Can you download anything at all via BitTorrent? Your TCP port seems to be open, I can't imagine how you could achieve that from a school campus's WiFi. Go to canyouseeme.org to make sure that information is accurate.

Given your situation, you're almost certainly firewalled and can't do anything about it. This is common with connections that come with the facility, and includes almost all flavors of wireless connection. I don't believe you'll be able to get any DHT connections because your listen port is firewalled. You'll have to operate in "no listen port" mode, which will be slower but will still work.

I checked canyouseeme.org and none of the common ports they have listed were able to "see" me. neither was port 16065

However, I was able to download a file that is almost 700MB although it did take like 17 hours...

If I do need to operate in "no listen port" mode in order to get a faster download, how would I go about doing that?

"No Listen Port" mode won't get you a faster download. Rather, it's a recognition that you cannot get an open port, so no point in BitComet wasting the effort continually trying to do so. Your download is about as fast as it's going to get, short of changing to a different connection.

You do this by selecting Options -> Connection -> and setting your listen port to "No Listening Mode". Choosing this doesn't really make any difference, it's just acknowledging what already exists. In that sense the prompt is a little bit misleading, as though you are CHOOSING to be slow, when you don't really have any choice.