To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

IMDB features

Dear sir/madam

whenever I try to download a movie, I take a look at that movie's detail such as rate, actors/ actresses , director and etc on IMDB.com.

I wonder if you can add this feature on bitcomet too. so when we click on a downloading movie, we will be able to see IMDB details on below window too, not just a few snapshots.

It would be great and very interesting.

Thanks

+ I love your software, I reached to Senior Colonel! ;-)

The development team did "jointly" make the Mcomet site that has movie information, but it became such a headache for us because we got swamped with users asking where the download links were on Mcomet... so I think unless such a feature could be easily explained in 3 words or less, we'd get the same reaction, but I do like the idea...

There is another issue though, it would require that the torrents authors link the torrent to the proper page, otherwise the only thing bitcomet could do would be to open an IMDB search page using the name of the torrent, to display actual data would require the Imdb ID number, and most torrent authors don't provide that.

The next time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I do know it was my option to read, but I actually thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you could repair in the event you werent too busy in search of attention.

When anyone uploads a torrent to The Pirate Bay, they actually have to skip over the IMDB-link field in order to omit that information. Hard to see how it could be much easier to make the link, yet the vast majority of uploaders there just can't be bothered to do so.

Now in my experience and practice, I want that information *before* I decide to download a movie, and not afterwards. That would be before BitComet or any other client comes into play.

To this end, I commend to you the FireFox add-on, "Search IMDB" which allows you to select the title and attempt the lookup before choosing to download the torrent.

The next time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I do know it was my option to read, but I actually thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you could repair in the event you werent too busy in search of attention.

After reading this several times, I still have no idea what it is your trying to say.

What do you mean by "next time I learn a blog"? I have no idea...

As for this... "I actually thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you could repair in the event you werent too busy in search of attention." who exactly are you complaining about? This is a support forum, not a blog, and more specifically, a section to post suggestions to improve a product. If you want to read a blog, go to a blog site, this is technical support, it's not meant to be interesting or entertaining.