To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

download speed is limited to 50 kbps while upload 10 kbps cant understand ver.1.31 upload column displays [10-10] numbers my broadband speed is356kbps

wdabhishek

download speed of torrent is limited to 50 kbps while upload 10 kbps cant understand ver.1.31 upload column displays [10-10] numbers my broadband speed is 356 kbps according to speedtest it was nearly 256 kbps in older version but i am facing this problem in 1.31 version only.

i have no problem in opening sites only in torrent download i am facing problem.

The problem is in your understanding of bits vs Bytes, it's like wondering why a one pint bottle is cheaper then a gallon bottle... simple, one is 8 times larger. Your ISP sells you speed in bits (kbs), bitcomet measures in Bytes, kBs. Multiply the readings in bitcomet by a factor of 8 and compare.

Also, if you've set your upload to only 10kB/s, your extremely lucky to be getting 50kB/s back. Share more with other peers and you'll get more.

Every transaction between bittorrent clients is mutual. Every bittorrent client is "greedy", so each one perfers the best, fastest connection that it can find.

The mutuality means that the fastest tend to pair with the fastest, each peer finding its own level. My client has a choice between yours, Joe's over there, and Gary's client. Mine would like to trade with Gary, he's really fast, but Gary can find other peers, faster than me, to trade with, so he does.

That leaves you and Joe. Joe is faster than you, so I'll trade with him and not you. You'll have to connect with somebody else, and nobody who can find a faster partner will take you. You end up having to choose among peers who are as slow as you are and are still looking for somebody willing to trade with them.

If you want the fastest peers to swap with you, then you have to be the most attractive choice -- fastest, most reliable and available. Tamping down your upload speed therefore lowers your download speed.