To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

custom named tabs to hold downloading files

vladpaln

Please add the ability of adding custom named tabs, allowing a user to add a download to a specific tab,

allowing a user to group downloads by type/what ever by moving them from tab to tab. I'm referring to the general

download table and not the detailed file info tabbed pane. Thanks in advance.

Currently all tasts are in a single list/table, can you add a feature that would allow a user to add multiple tabs

each with its own task list. When a user is presented with new BitComet task window or is importing a list he

has a chose of where, or in what tab to place the new torrent task

post-92490-0-35858200-1330164481.png

Edited by vladpaln (see edit history)

If I understand you correctly, BitComet already has this, they are called "tags", click on the tags icon and the menu will appear, then go to "tools" and "options" and setup what ever type of tags you want, then you can assign any tag to each torrent and sort them.

Isn't this exactly what your asking for?

If on the otherhand, you are wanting bitcomet to automatically know what the download task is and put it in the proper tag for you, then that is not possible, there is no such identification built into bittorrent protocol.

I'm aware of the tags option, I believe the tab feature would be a bit more practical, especially when dealing with large number of files and a high turn over rate (removal of completed downloads and addition of new ones). Regarding automatic placement I'm aware that's impossible the tab names where just examples, the user could name them what ever they want during creation.

I still don't get it, I'm afraid.

Go to Options -> Directories -> Task Tags, the click "ADD", type in "vladpain's custom tag" and click "OK,

then on your Task Filter bar click "Task Tags". and look at the tags bar.

How is what you want significantly different from that?