To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet 1.31 Still crashing (2)

Zyppy1

Hi.

I don't know what's going ON, I was with windows xp but I buyed new awesome PC some days ago. Windows 7 x64bit.

Then I installed Bitcomet x64 version, and like it as already reported in this forum and Ignored by Support, there is some kind of issue, bitcomet it's always crashing, not responding, without we do nothing, the program itself get's madness. Like This Issue, it does too, crashees when a download completes.

Then it needs to terminate process to close, and then, it need to check again all downloads, etc...

I wonder how to use Bitcomet in this PC? I'm wondering to download another software because with this one if I let one download, when I come back Bitcomet it's not even running, asking an "send report" from one crash.

Max

I find your statement "Igonred by support" ironic, because I've looked for a topic where you have properly asked for support and there are none. Our support team are volunteers who donate their time to help members, and they aren't going to be inclined to help someone who posts a couple sentences on someone else's topic and can't be bothered to read the rules and provide even the most basic info necessary to open a support ticket, then complain that someone with ability to read minds didn't jump into the discussion and fix their problem.

Seems it was you that is doing the ignoring... ignoring guidelines for requesting support, and common courtesy when asking someone for a favor.

Regarding your problem, all we know so far is your using windows seven 64bit and claim bitcomet doesn't work... well, I use windows seven 64bit and it works perfectly, as do thousands of others. When you're ready to get some help, read the rules and provide the info that is requested, and treat these people the same way you'd treat a friend who takes time out of their day to come help you with something.

Kindness goes a long way when asking someone for a favor

Guardian Eagle

I find your statement "Igonred by support" ironic, because I've looked for a topic where you have properly asked for support and there are none. Our support team are volunteers who donate their time to help members, and they aren't going to be inclined to help someone who posts a couple sentences on someone else's topic and can't be bothered to read the rules and provide even the most basic info necessary to open a support ticket, then complain that someone with ability to read minds didn't jump into the discussion and fix their problem.

Seems it was you that is doing the ignoring... ignoring guidelines for requesting support, and common courtesy when asking someone for a favor.

Regarding your problem, all we know so far is your using windows seven 64bit and claim bitcomet doesn't work... well, I use windows seven 64bit and it works perfectly, as do thousands of others. When you're ready to get some help, read the rules and provide the info that is requested, and treat these people the same way you'd treat a friend who takes time out of their day to come help you with something.

Kindness goes a long way when asking someone for a favor

I said that because when the problem was talked about, you taked care like an "isolated case", and then, when there are more people telling that they having the same issue there is no reply from support (then, ignored?).

I just get mad because when we download a program it's suposed to work, there is no "special steps" for install Bitcomet.

But I don't know what to say more about that, it's just a new pc, a new install, always crashing and stop responding. But for update a friend telled me Bitcomet it's buggy in that x64 version with some people, soo I'm running it in compability mode without problems.

Yeah, well, the problem is, you're yelling at the neighbor who tried to help. The neighbor (quite reasonably) thinks you're a jerk, for doing that and has very little interest in trying to help you any further.

Do what we did: help yourself, Figure it out for yourself. There are no documents, so observe and learn from experience. Then come here and volunteer your time to help other people with it. Observe that, although they demand help for free, they won't provide even the most obviously-necessary information (like, which version of BitComet -- doh!) and ignore a plain and obvious request for that information in an announcement that says READ BEFORE POSTING. Then listen to them get snippy with you when you ask them to provide information that just any idiot should have known was needful. Listen to them "get mad because a (free) program it's suposed to work".

We'll cheerfully refund your purchase price and all your support fees. Oh, wait. You didn't pay any.

Yeah, well, the problem is, you're yelling at the neighbor who tried to help. The neighbor (quite reasonably) thinks you're a jerk, for doing that and has very little interest in trying to help you any further.

Do what we did: help yourself, Figure it out for yourself. There are no documents, so observe and learn from experience. Then come here and volunteer your time to help other people with it. Observe that, although they demand help for free, they won't provide even the most obviously-necessary information (like, which version of BitComet -- doh!) and ignore a plain and obvious request for that information in an announcement that says READ BEFORE POSTING. Then listen to them get snippy with you when you ask them to provide information that just any idiot should have known was needful. Listen to them "get mad because a (free) program it's suposed to work".

We'll cheerfully refund your purchase price and all your support fees. Oh, wait. You didn't pay any.

I already know that free means no support or lack of support for problems. But hopefully there are another programs who do the samething and are working fine.

Thanks anyway.