To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can't open unfinished bc file!

My old pc running on xp crashed few days ago. Luckily, I saved unfinished files in a seperate hdd.After I reinstalled with 7 and I followed the instruction to open the unfinished file, the prompt will show % and nothing happen. It says no file found. I have the most recent btcomet version. Can someone help?

You didn't specify how you were trying to do this. You can't import a task list unless you created a list to import. Since it's to late to do it that way, just restart the torrent and then do a manual hash check on the files and it will continue from your previous level of completion.

I'm not trying to import task list. I'm trying to import unfinished download. For instance, in my old XP PC, all the unfinished downloads were saved under D:/download. After my PC crashed, I moved my D drive to the new system with windows 7. The next step I tried was to use open unfinished file function.

I click Import unfinished download > select one of the .avi file in the D drive > click next > it starts searching with % > after that it says Not Found.

I also tried drag and drop and didn't work......

If you didn't save a task list from your old bitcomet installation, then you need to open the torrent, not the files it downloaded. After a rehash you can continue from your previous level of completion.

That option tries to search certain known location (mainly under \Program Files and \%userprofile%\%appdata%) for the .torrent files for the task you're trying to import. (I.e. if you had another client installed on your PC and decided to import its unfinished downloads into BitComet.

The main bottom line is that you WILL NEED the .torrent files for the task in order to import it in BitComet. If BC can't find the .torrent files by itself in the location where it thinks they may reside, you will need to provide them by yourself.

The guide for importing unfinished downloads on the BitComet Wiki FAQ explains that in detail, so I won't rewrite it here.