To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Panels and columns resizing

Hello all! 2 things bother me about BC, still using it tough. One of them is that, when I resize the panels in the UI (side panel, detailed info and so on) after restart they go back to their original size and thats very annoying. Even disabled the Auto adjust in the menu. The 2nd thing is that, sometimes, the floating monitor isn't where I left it after a restart. I've contacted the dev team and nothing besides the Auto adjust. Can someone do something about these?

• Like 1

By default, BC does not modify your desired size if exits normally. Pls check your BC version and make sure that your BC is the latest version.

If such situation persists, please let me know. We will do our best to deal with this problem.

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds as if BC had an abnormal shutdown.

Try setting the columns &c the way you want them, then do a normal orderly shutdown of BC. Start it up again, and all should be as you left it. This should remain until you change either the setttings or the version, even if windows crashes or BC goes through another abnormal shutdown.

• 2 years later...

Maybe we can understand this from images:

Case 1:

Before exit and resized as per desire:

post-148362-0-01609100-1412514314.png

After exiting properly and started BitComet again:

post-148362-0-91837100-1412514334.png

Case 2:

post-148362-0-99315700-1412514482.png

post-148362-0-21371300-1412514508.png

Case 3:

post-148362-0-73380800-1412514551.png

post-148362-0-89796400-1412514573.png

Hope now there you can help me.

Regards.

I've just confirmed on my own computer that it will remember the width of the columns as long as you shut down bitcomet properly. If the shutdown is forced, the columns will reset to default.

I suspect that you may be using the "X" in the upper right corner to close but the default function of this button won't close bitcomet. Try clicking on "file" and "exit", then wait until the bitcomet.exe process ends in task manager, then restart and the columns should be just how you left them.

Yes. I did it right as step by step 3-4 times as you said:

Clicked on "file" and "exit", then wait until the bitcomet.exe process ends in task manager, then restarted and the columns are NOT just how I left them.

Above 3 cases in (Trackers, Statistics and Peers) still exiest.

I just don't know why it's happaning. I'm using BC since 6+ years.

I'm using Win 8 Ent x64 and 64-bit version of BC 1.37.

Edited by getlucky1989khan (see edit history)

I tested it with windows 7 64 bit and bitcomet 137 64bit. All the columns on the lower pane stay where I put them as long as it shuts down fully. The columns in the task pane are different. I don't think they can be saved in a custom width because of all the sorting options involved, such as sorthing by name, upload/download, seeds/peers, date started/finished etc. It's been a while but I think I recall the development team saying they wouldn't be changing that.

I don't have a windows 8 computer to test this on to see if the lower pane behaves differently. Do you have any other computers you can try this on?

Perhaps another member can try this and report if they get the same result?

I've read all your posts several times and cannot see where you mentioned that this is only a problem for certain columns. Without accurate info it's impossible to verify bugs. If I had this information before perhaps I could have confirmed a problem and submitted it to development.

Please submit a full report of exactly what columns aren't working properly and I'll review it in about two weeks when I return from vacation. If I can reproduce this I will submit it to development.

• 1 year later...

This linked topic has been solved. If you're still having issues with the columns, please state clearly exactly which ones are not holding their width and I will try to reproduce the problem.

• 1 year later...

Maybe I can explain this much clearly after this long time:

On 05/10/2014 at 6:43 PM, getlucky1989khan said:

Case 3:

post-148362-0-73380800-1412514551.png

post-148362-0-89796400-1412514573.png

1st 2 cases are solved by time and only last one is left. It's not a bug but we can call it a feature request instead.

As per above two images the "[+]----- bt_connecting (4)" and "[+]----- bt_disconnect (2)" these are two thing not stays Expended( [-] ) after exiting and starting Bitcomet again.

I want there state to be preserved too, like column widths and heights etc. If I left them Expended they must stay Expended on restart and if I left them collapsed they must stay collapsed on restart of BC.

I hope this explains it much clearly.

And Thanks a lot for such a great product.

Regards

There are many more peer lists that could appear such as LTseed connected/connecting/disconnected, emule connected/connecting/disconnected, webseed connected/connecting/disconnected, http/ftp connected/connecting/disconnected, as well as the bittorent peer lists shown in your screenshot, so I think if one list was left expanded, or all of them expanded it would be difficult for uses to see what peers are connected. By default only lists of connected peers are open, the rest are closed so you can see lists of other peer connections using one of the other supported protocols.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The UnUsual Suspect said:

There are many more peer lists that could appear such as LTseed connected/connecting/disconnected, emule connected/connecting/disconnected, webseed connected/connecting/disconnected, http/ftp connected/connecting/disconnected, as well as the bittorent peer lists shown in your screenshot, so I think if one list was left expanded, or all of them expanded it would be difficult for uses to see what peers are connected. By default only lists of connected peers are open, the rest are closed so you can see lists of other peer connections using one of the other supported protocols.

Hmmm. You are right this must stay as it is as per your explanation, I wasn't able to see the bigger picture.

Thanks for your reply and time.

With Regards