To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet 1.32 (64 Bit) Crashing up on Addin/Removing Trackers

noloony

Hi,

im having some trouble with the 64bit version of bitcomet

both on my laptop and my desktop it seems to freeze when i start adding or removing trackers to a active torrent file. im usint Win7 ultimate on my desktop and Win7 Home premium on my laptop.

is there any setting i can change to fix this problem ?

first I must ask... why would you add trackers to a torrent that aren't registered with that torrent? This would anger most tracker admins if you're constantly trying to update their tracker with an unregistered torrent, and if the torrent was registered, the tracker would be listed already.

If you have a legitimate reason to do this, I'll try to duplicate the problem, and if we can reproduce it, it will be sent to development.

Most trackers that you may add, would immediately give you the failure message, "torrent not registered with this tracker!" or the near equivalent.

In general, a torrent has to include all the correct urls for the trackers it is intended to be uploaded to, at the time of its creation. Then, it must be uploaded separately to each one of those trackers, again by the creator. That uploading registers the torrent with the tracker, a prerequisite for having the tracker track the torrent. If he does not do this, each tracker that he didn't upload it to will throw that error to every peer.

In general you can't add trackers to a torrent after it has been created. There are limited exceptions to this, but the critical point is that the torrent must have been uploaded to the tracker first. If that didn't happen, the tracker will just say, "I never heard of this, and am not tracking it."

One exception is an "open tracker", there are some that will automatically track any torrent that includes it, but in this case even if you add an open tracker url to your task, no one else will have added it so you won't get any more peers. It is remotely possible that someone else did the same thing you did and added an open tracker, but that still won't help because you'll already have them as a peer from one of the proper trackers.