To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet takes down my Internet.

Heya. :)

I'm using latest version of BitComet and I'm having an madness issue with it.

My internet is of 100MB speed, and it downloads everything super fast and without fell things get slow.

But in BitComet, I was doing an simple down at 700kbs and I could not use my Google Chrome (DNS error pages), that happens only when I'm downloading something in BitComet!

Sorry my english,

Any help?

Edited by kluelos
Not a bug. Moved to correct forum (see edit history)

Please read the FAQ.

It can't be what is pointed in the FAQ, like the internet gets down with the BitComet downloading something at 200Kb/s or at 2000... Also, out of BitComet I do downloads that goes at 5MB/s and that isn't happening on Internet. Soo far I read the problem it's not pointed in the FAQ.

You started by posting in the wrong forum. This is the correct forum. Please read the sticky topic, "READ BEFORE POSTING" and comply with it.

Have you configured your client correctly? Your explanation about why you think it can't be a configuration problem, frankly makes no sense. You may want to try that again.

when you successfully download at 5000kB/s using some other method, how many open tcp or udp connections is your computer making? perhaps only one? when you download at 700kB/s with bitcomet you could have hundreds.

I won't continue to try and track the cause of this problem until you reduce the realm of possibilities so I don't have to solve this for every possible combination of hardware that exists on the planet... I'd be here typing for months, which is why we have rules for requesting support, which you completely ignored.

Sorry but you were really agressive and not helfull, i'm not any PRO and I don't know very well how this things work, for other words, the tech talks.

But since It was slow down the computer, the internet, and it crashed sometimes... I unistalled BitComet, I used it since many Years ago, since I changed to Windows 7 it just not working.

I must say when Installed uTorrent it's downloading much faster, no more slow down for Internet or PC, I just don't know what's was wrong before but I can live without it.

Thanks anyway.

You've asked for free help from volunteers, for a free product. We have gone through a lot of trouble to post instructions stating exactly what you need to provide so that we can help you and when you were asked to read them you ignored it. No one here is paid to help you and it's pretty rude to insult other bitcomet users simply because they insist on things like your windows version, make and model of your router, before beginning to help you.

We've posted the "READ THIS before posting" links all over the forum, yet you failed to do so. We were actually being polite by replying to tell you what you should have already read, you'll probably find other clients forum staff won't even bother to reply if a member doesn't provide any details.