To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

listen port blocked

foxyvpn16

Hello Sir,

i am new to this forum and also to torrent downloading.I am facing the popular problem of listen port being blocked. I read 3-4 posts about this problem but was unable to solve my problem! The problem i am facing is that unlike other users i connect to the internet through my hostel wi-fi. I am using bitcomet 1.30 and i am copy pasting the problem right here:

Listen Port of TCP: 16189 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [uPNP device not found!]

plus the yellow light in the right corner bottom is glowing and it says your listen port is blocked...bla bla..please check your firewall and nat router configuration.

Could anyone of you help me please???

Waiting for your reply,

Thank You.

In that circumstance (where the internet connection comes with the facility, such as in a dormitory, hotel, office or hostel), the connection is distributed via a private, usually firewalled, router and there is normally no way to do anything about it. In that case, you cannot unblock any ports or have a static address assigned to you. (If you know the adminstrator you might be able to persuade them to do this for you, but MOST administrators will have no idea what you're talking about, won't know how, don't want to know, and won't do any such thing. If they've hired an outside administrator who only shows up when there's a problem (also very common), then they won't usually do this either.

That means you'll basically have to run BitComet in "No Listen Port" mode.

Thank you for the reply sir, even i had thought the same. Just to get sure,i thought it would be better to ask an expert.

In our case, it's the once-in-a-time administrator.

Hi watsondv,

Please do NOT make duplicate posts, once is enough.

In your other post, you have already been asked to provide more detailed information, please be knind enough to do so, so that someone can lend a hand.