To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Everytime I open BitComet i get "Torrent file decoding failed" Please try to re-download the torrent!"

Aggeri

So yeah, as topic says, everytime I open BitComet it gives me this error message "Torrent file decoding failed! Please try to re-download the torrent" despite there being no torrents on the download list.

How do I remove this error message?

I suggest you delete or rename your "downloads.xml" and "bitcomet.xml" files, then start bitcomet and new ones will be created with no tasks or saved settings, everything will be reverted to default. This would be the easiest way to clear the error.

I'd like to tell you where to find these files, but windows puts them in different locations depending on your version of windows, which you didn't tell us, but I'd look in %appdata% first.

BitComet is trying to automatically resume a task, but the .torrent file is corrupted and it cannot, so it gives you this error. If you somehow know which .torrent file is the problem you can delete it directly. If you don't, then deleting the task list is the easiest way to resolve the situation. It SHOULD be enough to just delete the "downloads.xml" file once you find it as TUUS said.