To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Unable to "Move-up/Move-down" torrents on the list

jbwaller3

Since the last 2 or 3 updates, I have been unable to move my torrents (movies, books, audio,etc.) up or down the list in the bittorrent program. The move up/down buttons do not highlight when I click on a torrent. Can this be fixed on the next update?

The buttons are still there, they just default to "not visible". You can change this, and a great deal about the whole interface, in the "VIEW" menu. In this particular matter, what you want is

VIEW -> Toolbar -> Buttons and then check "Move Up". It will now appear on the toolbar. (I agree that it was a bad idea to default it to invisible.)

Do the same for "Move Down".

You can check and uncheck whatever other buttons you want visible or invisible.

It would be good to spend some time exploring the VIEW menu, to learn about all of the items that can be changed.

• 2 months later...

I too want to say that the "move up" and "move down" arrows, to move the torrents, are not working. I have tried to activate them following - ''VIEW -> Toolbar -> Buttons and then check "Move Up". It will now appear on the toolbar. (I agree that it was a bad idea to default it to invisible.)"Do the same for "Move Down" - and its still not working. Do something please. Till then I'll use an older version like 1.12. Thanks.

The move up/down buttons do work as long as your columns are properly sorted by name, if you sort them by other means the buttons will be grayed out. Try clicking on the "name" column header a few times until the buttons become active.