To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Failed to Save Task List

Madoushi

First off, YES I have read the FAQ and the other threads on this topic, most of which are very old.

I have BitComet 1.34 and Win 7 32.

I was torrenting just fine as of yesterday, but today when I try and add any new torrents I get the message Failed to Save Task List! C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Bi...\Downloads.xml

I have the system.use_app.data set to True, and when I go into the BitComet folder, it's set to read only. I uncheck Read Only using my Administrator Priviledges, but no matter how many times I do that, it just keeps resetting to Read Only.

I don't know why it randomly started doing this, I didn't change or uninstall anything.. is there a way to fix this?

DxDiag.txt

Bitcomet needs to have a folder with write access to save your xml files. Are you running bitcomet from a user account that has access to this folder? I'd also recommend changing the security settings for the whole folder, not just the file, allow full access to all users and see if that helps.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this really makes a difference, but I found that this problem went away after reducing the number of torrents in my Active list to 20. When I had 21 (or more) items in the Active list (both up and downloading), then I also got the Unable to save task list message.