To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet Oddities

DRock2048

I don't know what is going on, or if they're even bugs, but BitComet, out of nowhere, started acting VERY strangely, and a few problems are now occurring for me.

#1 - I cannot add anymore tasks to BitComet. I can download the torrents, but whenever I try to download from them, the task will not show up in BitComet. When I try to redownload from the torrent, I get a message saying "Torrent file exists in Torrent History! It's possible that you have downloaded this task before." ...WELL, if I HAD downloaded it before, THEN it would be with all the other tasks! Smart-a**...

#2 - I cannot LEFT-click on any tasks. I can right click them, but in order to change between tasks, I have to use the Up and Down arrow keys.

#3 - I cannot delete any tasks. I can stop and start them, but try as I might, they just won't go away. I clicked on the "Delete" button at top, and tried right-clicking and doing it that way, but to no avail.

I have been using BitComet for years and have never encountered anything like this before. If ANYONE might have even the slightest idea what went wrong, PLEASE, for the love of BitGod, HELP!!!

Well, BitComet crashed awhile ago, it would fix the problems temporarily, but they seem to occur whenever I start downloading a City Hunter torrent. Still having problems, but only #'s 1 and 3. Could it be the torrent causing the problems instead? And if so, I suppose I should bring this up in another topic?

DROCK, sorry for my late reply. But have you updated your BC to the latest version?

It seems that your BC is full of download tasks. Please try to delete some old ones. Sometimes PC might got stuck when it works on too many tasks simultaneously.

Besides, how much bandwidth do you have? If you set your download speed too high, you need to allocate more space to your disk cache. Or you can just adjust your download speed according to your situation.

By the way, what's your operating system?

Your computer could have been low on resources, if it becomes unstable like this again try rebooting (restarting) the computer and see if that helps. Often these problems are on the operating system level, not in the program itself. The fact that the problem cleared on it's own would suggest this.