To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

The search function on the right corner up doesn't react

I use Bitcomet for torrent download since 4 years on Windows Vista 32 bits;

I installed BitComet version 1.36 and since then I can't use the search function on the right corner up; also any other button (music, movie etc..) can't open any internet page;

I checked that windows firewall (Idon't have another firewall) accepts the program and I even turned it off, but with no effect

The internet connection works perfect for Google Chrome or Explorer;

I tried to reinstall it few times, as well as an older version 1.35 that use to work before but now not anymore.

Please give me some advices

Actually nothing happens. I type a key word, I hit the green arrow on the right of search box and ...nothing. I tried to open a torrent from the list with torrent sites in the left box and nothing opens. and any button from Movies to Forums on the top do not react in any way. I checked on Tool-Options-integration and there is IE extension, I don't have Firefox.

browser integration is not required to use the search, what the integration does is allow you to download links in your browser directly to bitcomet as well as some other things like flash video and audio streams. When I use the search it opens my default browser, currently google chrome, but it will work with any browser. The search is routed through the atcomet.com website and there have been times when that website is down and we've had to teach people to do the search themsleves in their browser, but if you're not even getting a browser window opening, then you may have no default browser setup in windows. Check and see if your I.E. is setup as default, if not you can try installing Cometbird (cometbird.com), Firefox (mozilla.com), Chrome (google.com/chrome). select any of them and select them as default during install and try if they work better then IE.