To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

So, after successfully downloading a torrent, the Preview option is unavailable; it is greyed out even though the content is fully downloaded. In such a case, I can't find out how to play the download. Sometimes a download appears with "snapshots" becoming available early in the download, then the little green arrow appears under the Preview column and then the Preview button is available upon completion and all is well. At other times, downloads do not have either the snapshots or the green arrows showing during the download, and at the end, no Preview option is available.

How do I play such downloads, or know which downloads to avoid?

Please right click the downloaded task and check the preview download mode. Or you can simply open the directory where you save your downloads and use a player to play.

Please note that the "preview" function will only work if you are downloading material in it's native format, if the material is packed in archives, disc images, or any other type of container that isn't directly playable, then preview will not work. Also note that the preview function isn't designed to play or view your files, it's primarily for pre-viewing them to make sure you're downloading the correct material and it's quality is acceptable. Once the download is complete, BitComet's job is done and you should use the media player of your choice to play the videos. If you want some suggestions on players to use, some of the Bitcomet developers are involved with development of MPCstar which you can download from bitcomet.com. I also like Media Player Classic and VLC Player. All of these are freeware and a google search will find them for you.

If you have questions about how to play some specific files you downloaded, we'll try to help if you can identify exactly what you downloaded.