To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VIP claiming 'Not Enough Bandwidth' when plenty available

songbird72884

Hi there,

I purchased VIP acceleration this evening because I needed to improve the download speed of a particular task. As a result, and because of a previous purchase, I now have 17.68GB bandwidth avalable. I am attempting to download the portion of a torrent that I require, totalling 1.31GB of a 27.5GB torrent.

However, the VIP option is taking the full size (27.5GB) into account and saying 'Remaining bandwidth not enough', despite the fact that I have only selected a small portion of it. Is this normal? If not, how can I correct it? If so, is it possible to request a refund for the bandwidth purchased, since it is unusable for the intended purpose?

The requested standard info:

1) What version of BitComet are you using? 1.36

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)? Broadband

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port? I use a wireless router, BT brand, and am unsure about port forwarding, but the settings themselves seem to have no issues.

4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.

Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected. N/A

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? Is your Windows 32 bit or 64 bit? Windows 8 64-bit, using Avast Internet Security

6) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.).

7) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance. N/A

Unfortunately when you add vip to any task it's calculated by the total task size. This is a problem for users who only want to download part of a task, or those who are attempting to enable vip after a significant part of the task was already completed. There has been some discussion with development on how this could be changed, but there have been much more serious issues that needed attention. Hopefully when this project comes out of beta testing they will have addressed these concerns, but for the present there isn't much that can be done.

If you're unhappy with the service you can get a refund, if there are any problems you can message queeniequ here in the forum, I'm sure she'll be glad to help.