To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

appearance of red cross before every torrent file

when i formatted my system,i saved some half downloaded torrent file .when i tried to continue download ,it was not taken by bit comet .

After that my friend tried and end up in making torrent afetr that i reinstalled bit comet,deleted xml file but now it gives a rd cross before every new torrent also and shows message

"" Stopped[Error:The system can't find the file specified]"

please tell me how it can be fixed????

I've read your message at least a dozen times and it still makes little sense to me. You've provided no information about your computer nor have you accurately described any steps you took so it would be impossible to tell which one was done incorrectly.

i saved some half downloaded torrent file

Exactly how did you attempt to accomplish this?

it was not taken by bit comet

No idea what this means

making torrent afetr that i reinstalled bit comet,deleted xml file

I don't even know what to comment on this.

If you can't describe exactly what you've done, accurately step by step, then we can't figure out what you've done wrong, nor tell you how to fix it. I suggest you remove bitcomet and delete the folder containing your configuration files. I'd be glad to tell you where this file is located, but windows puts it in a different location depending on your version and the options you used... there really is a reason we ask you to provide this info when requesting support, but for most average users with a recent windows version it will be in your %appdata% "bitcomet" folder.

When you reinstall you will have no tasks, you can then restart each torrent and if you have the partial downloads in the folder already, it will rehash them and continue where you left off.

ps. Next time you decide to reformat you can export all your tasks then import them into your new installation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...