To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

New torrent seeding, wont upload

hello im new to this forum, I have been using BitComet for a long time now and i just started creating torrents. The problem is i created the torrent, uploaded it to TPB and i am actively seeding it but the upload rate has been at 0kb forever and i see peers trying to connect but not sucessfully, any help

Heres my sys info

BitComet v1.36 X64-Bit

Windows 8 Pro X64

TalkTalk Fibre Optic 76MB

Internet Setup

Phone Line

BT Openreach Fibre Modem HG612

Hauwei HG533 Router

Laptop - on wireless

Samsung NP300V5A

No firewall or anti-virus

I use Windows 8 built in firewall features and Windows Defender

The torrent i made using BitComet 1.36 in question

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8750269

Speed Test.net Results

2865332652.png

If you require the information displayed in BitComet, can you tell me how to copy this if required

Thankyou all for any help, i just want to contribute back instead of just downloading

P.S i added screenshots of BitComet running so you can see

post-128168-0-80070800-1375016941.png

post-128168-0-01420600-1375016943.png

post-128168-0-83189800-1375016943.png

post-128168-0-41853400-1375016944.png

post-128168-0-04482000-1375016945.png

post-128168-0-76217500-1375016945.png

ps. I did try your torrent and it's showing no seeders. I'm also unable to establish a connection with you. I suspect this might be interference from your isp (talktalk) who is known to be hostile to p2p. It's also possible you have something on your system or router that is blocking udp connections, I see your trackers tab is showing no connection.

It also appears you may have LTseed option disabled, it would be interesting to see if the torrent would work using LTseed protocol, it wouldn't be recognized as bittorrent and may not be blocked.

ps. I did try your torrent and it's showing no seeders. I'm also unable to establish a connection with you. I suspect this might be interference from your isp (talktalk) who is known to be hostile to p2p. It's also possible you have something on your system or router that is blocking udp connections, I see your trackers tab is showing no connection.

It also appears you may have LTseed option disabled, it would be interesting to see if the torrent would work using LTseed protocol, it wouldn't be recognized as bittorrent and may not be blocked.

Thats because i closed BitComet, sorry i have started it back up now and my torrent task is now running, can you try it again please

I am able to connect to you, but it's showing you as a peer with 0% so nothing is downloading. Try enabling LongTerm seeding, I'm curious to see if it will work.

I'd also like you to try stopping the torrent and doing a manual hash check to verify the data is intact.

I am able to connect to you, but it's showing you as a peer with 0% so nothing is downloading. Try enabling LongTerm seeding, I'm curious to see if it will work.

I'd also like you to try stopping the torrent and doing a manual hash check to verify the data is intact.

I can confirm that LT seed is on i right clicked the torrent in the list on bitcomet and went properties and selected the LT seed tick box was already on... what i just did was right click the torrent task in bitcomet and selected "update tracker" the list updated

it looks like this now

i had to send the screenshot in a pm it didnt work here, did you get it

edit by staff: no screenshot was in the PM. Please try hosting the screenshots on a site like photobucket or similar

edit 2: I added one of the screenshots from your photobucket here using this code...

[img=http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w611/Olly_Wright/screenshot3_zps3182ab49.png]

screenshot3_zps3182ab49.png

I don't think this is the problem, but it's usually a good idea to use one of the unassigned ports from the range 49152 to 65535. When you change your port it may be necessary to restart bitcomet for the new port to be opened in your uPnP router.

If you have Initial seed (superseed) option enabled on this torrent, please disable it. This option will slow down the transfer of data, it's only purpose is to reduce bandwidth used by trying to avoid sending out the same piece to more than one member, instead relying on other members to share the pieces you send. Definitely not something you want for such a small torrent or if you're trying to share as much as possible.

ps. you're now showing 0.2% complete, which would be expected if you're using superseed option.

Your torrent is working now. I suspect the problem was related to the use of Initial seed (superseed). This is a feature developed by another client and it's only useful for users who make a lot of torrents and want to get them seeded with as little upload as possible. It's a slower process because it hides the fact that you have 100% and you only release pieces a few at a time. Many release groups use this method and like it because they can upload a new release and get other seeders present in the swarm after uploading only about 115% of the total torrent size, with traditional seeding it could take you 200% or more to get other peers to 100%. Traditional seeding gives data freely where superseeding only gives it freely to a peer after the first pieces given have been verified to be active in the swarm, proving that the peer is a good sharer. This can take time and is never as efficient as traditional seeding even on a torrent with hundreds of peers, on a torrent with few peers it can be a complete disaster.

I see in the screenshot that I added to your post above that you do have LTseed enabled on this task, but also make sure you have it enabled in your global options. I'm not seeing any LTseed peers listed so it's possible this option is disabled. When using LTseed it will allow you to trade outside the bittorrent swarm. This can be very helpful in some circumstances, but be aware that your tasks will continue to upload when stopped, but only if there is unused bandwidth available.

If you look at your tracker data there is only two peers, you and me. Don't pay much attention to dht data, it's often inaccurate because much of the connections are just to spread the hash table, not necessarily peers interested in downloading.

See if you can find another person to test your torrent, I think you'll find it's working, it just needs peers to download it.

Also, when you upload a torrent to a website, you should then download it from that website and start the torrent you downloaded because they usually add their own trackers to it. With the piratebay it really doesn't matter because they don't operate a tracker anymore, but they do add a couple trackers that aren't listed in your screenshot.

If you had uploaded to a website that does operate a tracker this would be required.

so your saying bitcomet is ok and i set the torrent up properly and i am seeding and you downloaded my torrent and your also seeding but no one els is downloading my torrent from TPB because 1 its a new torrent and 2 will it pick up slowly if i leave bitcomet on constantly running the torrent task

i had a problem when i created the torrent this is how it went, i made it and uploaded to TPB the only one im planning on using and when its uploaded, i tried downloading it and it said "torrent already exists" do i delete it then re download it from TPB after upload just a little confused as its my first time doing this dude

so your saying bitcomet is ok and i set the torrent up properly and i am seeding and you downloaded my torrent and your also seeding but no one els is downloading my torrent from TPB because 1 its a new torrent and 2 will it pick up slowly if i leave bitcomet on constantly running the torrent task

Yes, it should work fine as soon as you get some interested peers.

It does look like you did it properly, except the initial seed wasn't a good choice. If there were hundreds of peers wanting to download it and you had to conserve your bandwidth, then initial seed would be something to consider, but it would still be slower. With only one peer downloading, initial seed is a serious problem in regards to performance.

Also remember to download and open the torrent from the website after you've uploaded it. It's good practice to do it even on trackerless websites like TPB

i had a problem when i created the torrent this is how it went, i made it and uploaded to TPB the only one im planning on using and when its uploaded, i tried downloading it and it said "torrent already exists" do i delete it then re download it from TPB after upload just a little confused as its my first time doing this dude

When you create the torrent I think you can do it without opening (seeding) it, then after you redownload it you won't get the "task exists" error. Or you can remove the task and restart it from the torrent from TPB. This also will cause bitcomet to do a hashcheck of the files, an added step to assure everything was done properly.