To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Transfering task list and downloads to a new computer.

ancek

Hello. Recently the CPU on my computer burnt. I had bitcommet installed there with a lot of unfinished task (v. 1.35). The disk is working fine and i have the access to all files on it. I would like to somehowe transfer the whole task list on the new computer and continue the downloading (there is aslo bitcomet installed on it - v. 1.36). Is there a way to do it? (there are some task on the "new computer" bit commet, but htey are unimportant and can be lost :). Both systems are windows XP ). Thanks in advance for help.

Assuming you already have all your .torrent files and the partial downloads in the proper location on the new computer, all you'd need to do is copy the "downloads.xml" file from the old computer to replace the one on the current computer then start bitcomet.

Alternately you can just restart each of the tasks you're migrating from the old computer and if the partial downloads are present, they will be hash checked and the download will continue from your current level. This would probably be the easiest method if it's a small number of tasks.

I know where the partial downloads are located but i don't have torrent files cause all downlaods were started with magnet links :/ What can i do? If I just replace bitcomet folder on the new computer with the old one, will it work?

The torrents will be on your harddrive, the location will vary depending on your advanced settings, your windows version, and your user account control settings, but a good place to start looking would be...

c:>users>your name>appdata>roaming>bitcomet>torrents

Thank You. I'll give it a look tommorow, and will ask firther questions if I have trouble finding them. But please tell me: won't copying while BitComet folder and all BitComet data from appdata folders in "documents and settings" work?

Only if the settings and all other locations are the same on both computers. I know it seems complicated, but this is how microsoft does it, bitcomet doesn't decide where these files go, windows does and it varies by version and account settings. To simplify things we have made a default option to use appdata folder, but even the location of that folder can vary. Years ago bitcomet used to keep all it's files in the same folder, this worked very well with windows versions prior to Vista and later.