To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME THE BASICS FOR DOWNLOADING TORRENTS?

sumwhiteguy

IM NEW AT THIS AND I DONT GET HOW OR WHAT CRACK AND KEY MEANS RAR FILES COMPRESSED FILES AND ALL THESE DIFFERENT TYPES OF INSTRUCTIONS THAT TELL YA WHAT TO DO BUT YA KNOW I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO JUST EXPLAIN TO ME THE HOW TO KNOW WHAT IM DOWNLOADING AND A LITTLE HELP ON THE RAR FILES AND SETUP . I LIKE DOWNLOADING VIDEO GAMES AND SO FAR I CAN ONLY FIGURE OUT THE DIRECT PLAY ONES I THINK. BUT THEN I DOWNLOAD OTHERS AND THEY SAY CD 1 CD2 AND I OPEN THEM AND IT SAYS MISSING FILE. SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS STUFF AND CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE BASICS AND JUST EXPLAIN WHAT SOME OF THIS STUFF MEANS PLEASE. I HAVE WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

• Like 1

First advice I'll give you is that typing in all Capital letters is considered RUDE and OFFENSIVE, so not a good idea because you're basically shouting rudely at the people you're asking for help.

Second bit of advice is that it appears you're not asking about how to download, but rather how to use illegally cracked/hacked software which is prohibited in the forum. I suggest you ask where you found the material and by all means, don't forget my first advice when doing so.

Third bit of advice. An .rar file is a compressed archive that can be in one volume, or spanned across many. You can extract them with WinRar (rarlabs.com) or 7zip ( a free alternative that google can help you find).

Once the files are downloaded, bitcomet's job is done. If you want to learn about game cracking I'd suggest you join some gaming forums. It's been a while since I visited any but if I recall there was one called "game copy world" that was popular. I'm sure you'll find many forums on google, but if you post in ALL CAPS you probably won't get any help.

• Like 1

I do agree that many idiosyncrasies are out there regarding the why's,how's,what not do's,to do's, the basic formalities of net linguistics. Realistically.

, if a person is speaking in all "caps", they are probably not shouting.A lot of people are mystified by the nomeclature of downloading, I know I am.Excuse mistakes yet correct them is always a great policy.A person can pretty much tell by the wording who is being a jerk.Honest questions deserve honest replies.

The fact is, lowercase has been invented because it's so damn tiring to read all caps.

I couldn't pass beyond the 5th or 6th word in your whole post, that's how fast I gave up.

If you love being the only one who reads your posts, by all means keep tying in caps... it's your right. Just don't expect much feedback.