To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How I can download torrents to WD MY Cloud ?

sco4ield

Hello I have server Hardware (WD MY Cloud ) connected to my router and when I try to download from my computer to My cloud it stop

and not downloading :(

So Is there is any tutorial about How I can download torrents to servers with Bitcomet ?

And

How I can make torrent resume automatic downloading when connection is miss ?

post-105424-0-17393300-1425421151.png

Sometimes using a network attached storage device can be tricky. I've used some of these successfully with bittorrent but I suspect your "my cloud" is firewalled and may need some tweaking to use for this purpose. I would check on WD's forums and see if there is any information on using them for bittorrent.

• Like 1

excuse me sir

there is something I not understand that is bittorrent = bitcomt ?

is they are the same program for torrent ?

and thank you for replying me :lol:

bittorrent is a file sharing protocol, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

BitComet is one of many Clients (software) that use bittorrent protocol. If you want to use torrents with this device you're going to have to find info from the manufacturer or other users how to get the drive to behave like a local drive. There is probably an easy way to map a network drive and assign a drive letter to a specific folder on your NAS, but I have never used one of these devices.

• Like 1

but opps there is problem happened the bitcomet stopped responding and some times disconnect from downloading and not reconnect automatic

I leave the program downloading and after 2 hour it downloaded only 50MB :blink: and the Green Arrow (⤵) become disconnected (✖)

very bad I hope If there is option make torrent scan connection and connect automatic to resume downloading :blink:

oh I am so cry please help me :wacko:

That sounds like an issue with your router. You'd probably be better to download to a local drive and then move the files to your NAS device because bitcomet needs a location that is always online, you can't make it work with a device that cuts in and out.

Using a larger disc cache in bitcomet may reduce the number of reads from the NAS, this may make the disconnects less frequent, but I doubt it will completely solve the problem. Assuming you have plenty of available ram you can make the disc cache upto 1gb for 32bit bitcomet and much larger with 64bit bitcomet.

• Like 1

yes you are right Sir

I have 4 GB Ram and my windows 64 bit 8.1 pro

and I use Bitcomt 64 bit

what the steps I can do to Using a larger disc cache in bitcomet ?

And the think that make me crazy that the download my torrent to my NAS was 50% and I stop it than when I resume It again without do any think in the bc! files the bitcomt check it and it return 30 % ???? How this happen

so I decided to download to a local drive and then move the files to your NAS device ^_^

Thank you very much :lol:

and I hope If you find any information you can tell me please :rolleyes:

You can find the disc cache settings in bitcomet options, it will hold data in ram memory and prevent repeated reads of the same data over and over. In order to reduce the reads as close as possible to once per each data piece you'd need a disc cache equal to the size of all running torrents which may not be possible in your case, but increasing it will greatly reduce the need to read the data but will reduce your ram available to other programs.

• Like 1