To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Firefox extension issue.

Hello. I want to install Firefox extension from BitComet's settings, but every time I try it, I get this:

3.png

I tried with Firefox closed, I tried to run BitComet in Administrator mode; still the same results. Any ideas?

System Specs

------------------

• BitComet: 1.40, x64

• Firefox: 44.0.2

I think it wants you to run bitcomet is regular mode not "run as admin", but you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling bitcomet and select to install the extension durin install, also make sure firefox is closed and it should install successfully.

Yeah. Thanks for your response.

It worked when I reinstalled BitComet. Unfortunately, the add-on is not verified by Firefox and I can't use it.

I think you should send an e-mail to BitComet Developer Team to inform them about this issue. The fix would be to just send the add-on to Firefox for signing. ;)

We've had a long standing problem with firefox since they stopped issuing minor version numbers (3.1, 3.11, 3.12 etc) and started jumping to major numbers which disables all extensions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, etc) and each time requiring bitcomet to rewrite the extension. Being it is freeware and the resources are limited they gave up trying to keep up when the new major versions released every week or two.

There was an update back in 1.37 that claims it will work with more versions of FF, but I'm really not sure which ones are or aren't supported atm. You might try the long term support firefox release, it will patch security problems without updating you to a new version and killing all your extensions, or do as many of us have and switch to google chrome.

• Like 1