To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

64 bit stopped working, 32 bit still working great

Hi

Well my 64 Bit Vesion of btcomet 1.40 stpped working,i mean the software start normak but it doesn't download or upload anything like when a torrent is dead, wthout changing anything on the settings, just started the 32 bit version included in the zip ad woks great, the same torrens from before are woking flawless what could be the cause?, I was suspecting the 64 bit protected mode that I enabled on the advanced settings but I turned off again,i s not making much difference and I spotted bitcomet n the registry beneath a guid key here?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights

Edited by ritterderzodiac (see edit history)

the software start normak but it doesn't download or upload anything like when a torrent is dead

Sometimes it just takes a little longer to retrieve the list of peers from the tracker(s). Just wait a little longer.

Edited by GandalfTheWizard (see edit history)

The zip version won't change your registry, your entry listed shows you installed browser integration for Internet Explorer.

Did you run the 32 version before you had this problem? They are bundled together to make distribution easier, not so you can run both on the same pc. In most cases if you have a 64bit cpu and sufficient ram you should use the 64bit version, it has capability to use much larger disc cache.

• Like 1

I used just 64 bit, and let it run more then 1 hour with different torrents, nothing happened just behaves likes all torrents are dead, you know no download no uploader and some list of ip's that were connected to, until I quited the 64 bit and started the 32 bit and suddently works great in less then few seconds.

The only thing that has changed is with uac, it's say instead as usual Publisher Shangai comet, now say Publisher Uknown weird.

Even if I use the 32bit version when I go back to the 64 bit sill not working.

Edited by ritterderzodiac (see edit history)

You might want to try deleting the folder and redownload the .zip again, or try the installed version.

You may also have issues with your firewall since you have two programs called BitComet and would need a way for the firewall to know the difference, you'd also need separate listening ports for each, so it's much easier to use only one version.

• Like 1

If you use a router you must do more than just turn off a firewall, in fact turning it off fore more than a few seconds is a very bad idea and some will not fully turn off unless uninstalled.

Let us know how you make out with the installed version.