To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bug in BitComet 1.53 (64) Windows

amarsi

Symantec finds Heur.AdvMLB in the installer.

If I install BitComet 1.53 my level, score, title and rank are lost and set to 0 and disappear my Id in the info panel but I am recognised inserting Id and password.

If I reinstall BitComet 1.52 the problem is solved (level, score, title, rank and Id).

With this problem I can not use BitComet 1.53.

You need to switch the A/V off during installation and restart it when it's completed. The problem is that there is an optional install of other software (that's what pays for the BC servers) and some A/V programs don't like it. It's NOT a virus or a trojan.

Yes, I do and I can install the program, but the problem is that I lose my score. If I use for at most one day my score grows from 0 to 120, and if I reinstall version 1.52 my score comes again to the exact value. 

What can I do?

There may be a problem with the installation. I use 1.53 here and my score was never reset (it does have a problem in that, most days, I can't score more than 20, but that's down to the server database if anything). There is a problem with the piece map, but that's not relevant here

What you could try is a clean install (use Revo uninstaller in moderate mode to clean up the registry, etc) and then install it again. Your score isn't stored locally, but on the servers and it's possible that something in your system isn't sending the correct information. You will, of course, have to replace the torrents you have: copy them to a USB drive and then restart them. Sp long as the download folders are in the same place, all you should have to do is a manual hash check.

Thank you.

I will try on another PC. I feel good with version 1.52 for which I wait for 1.54 to change.

The score update is improved so that only 3/4 times a month is given a lower score with random values and the ranking rises to 17 to return after a few days to 16.

A curiosity: I have reached the last level (62), but I am reporting the percentage of the increase in the score, as if there were a new level with another 50,000 points. Is there a level 63?

Thanks again and congratulations for all your work.

You're luckier than I am with the 'score' Mine runs from 4500 ranking to 4600 and then back down - then goes back up again LOL

Anyway, it's all for fun (you can't buy beer with the points)

I thought that the score and then the rank improved the speed of the connection and so it was useful, even for me 
that I do not drink beer.
Try reinstalling BitComet 1.52. To me he restored the score and its progression, with only a few mistakes.
Then I try to understand what the problems may be.
I also find it difficult to connect with "https://members.bitcomet.com/cn/login? ..." because it often gives 
me an error:
NET :: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Subject: search.dnsadvantage.com
Issuer: RapidSSL SHA256 CA - G3
Expires on: 18 Sep 2017
Current date: 10 Dec 2018
Thanks for your attention.
Good work and good downloads.

Edited by amarsi (see edit history)

Try using the 'Forum' tab in the program to connect.

Regarding the scoring - all that happens is that, as you increase in 'rank' you gain the ability to access more long term seeds. However, as I've never actually seen more than a dozen or so on any of my downloads, it's not that big of an advantage.