To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Quit with unfinished download,need rehash to get connected BC 1.59

mproxy

With the new bitcomet1.59 , I found something strange, when I quit the BC without a finished BT task. When restart it it would not connect to peers or seeders ,the tracker or dht return the seeds or peers normally,but not connect that is displayed like  [0/335] .But when I manually rehash and restart the task ,it can connect and download . this happened over two tasks , I did not know where goes wrong .

Also a suggestion , now BT is blocked by many ISPs,almost useless without encryption ,so can you release the software with  the protocol encryption default option set to always  then maybe more people can normally using it .

Thanks a lot for providing such a wonderful software.

In regards to the need for a hash check, are you simply killing the program or using the 'exit' option? Even if you do a restart from the start menu, it will do a 'soft' exit and restart with no problem. Doing a 'hard' reset will cause problems with the downloads.

Regarding the second issue - all I can do is recommend you use a VPN

I quit  using the 'exit' option and when it is count down ,I hit yes ,maybe it is caused by sth else. As the suggestion , I think ISP only block the protocol ,so there is no need to using VPN to circumvent  ,plus VPN will limit the speed and causing extra expenditure. 

A VPN doesn't slow the system down - it simply hides your IP number so you can't be traced.

It doesn't come free - you'd have to shop around to find the cheapest (it's against forum policy to make recommendations here). What you could try is to alter the internal port - you need to set up a fixed LAN IP (like 192.168.0.22) and allocate a port number to that in the router. Then set BC to use that particular port. That may help  - no guarantees