To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download stops at 99%

Hello.

Bitcomet 1.62 - Win 7 64bits

I have experienced a halt on the download after the main file/torrent reaches 99+%, sometimes with less than that, it stops receiving peers and this are torrents with lots of seeds and peers that download fast.

If I start it over, it will have peers for a second and again will stop before it is complete.

I heard there are blockers out there, how to prevent it?

Firewall is offline.

Bitcomet exe and some IPs are on antvirus (bitdefender) and antmalware (malwarebytes) scan exclusion list.

Also the upload stops if there are no torrents downloading.

thank you.

Running two a/v apps at the same time can cause more problems than cures.

That being said, in a lot of cases, stopping at 99% is usually down to a 'missing' file (normally a .nfo or .txt). People don't seem to realise that those very short files can, quite often, contain the first or last bytes of the main file.

The uploading stopping is a different matter. Possibilities are that there is no-one else looking for that torrent or the tracker hasn't updated. The best system is to leave lonmg term seeding active - it may take some time to actually kick in but I finds it helps. Also, make surte that toy aren't blocking outgoing files in your firewall (use a fixed ip number and fixed port)