To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

My files got deleted!

Rei

Hello,today I opened bitcomet and It says there was an error and it can't load my files , I tried to type that adress on the files explorer and nothing,there's something I can do or I only have the option of download all from torrent story?

image.thumb.png.d010cf7a4c026bf06218784e2d1b0cfc.png

Your .xml file is corrupted. Open the folder in App Sata\Roaming\Bitcomet and delete the Downloads.xml file and rename Downloads.xml.bak to Downloads.xml

To open App Data, you need to set 'View' to 'show hidden files and folders'

• 4 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 8:40 AM, Rhubarb said:

Your .xml file is corrupted. Open the folder in App Sata\Roaming\Bitcomet and delete the Downloads.xml file and rename Downloads.xml.bak to Downloads.xml

To open App Data, you need to set 'View' to 'show hidden files and folders'

Ok,what now? I did delete the old .xlm file and renamed the .xlm.bak to .xlm only but the files still are dissappeared .(Pls don't mind that I respond you after almost half year but I didn't see the notification of resoponse in my email xD)

On 12/24/2020 at 8:40 AM, Rhubarb said:

Captura de pantalla (63).png

Captura de pantalla (64).png

If the files are still on the hard drive, you may have to go to the app data folder (it's a hidden folder in C:\Users\<name>) and restart the torrents there.

That's the one - sort by type and all the ones with a comet are the .torrent files

They shoul start in the download folder but it will ask if you want to start as thereare incomplete files (or words to that effect). Click 'allow' and it may do a hash check but then it will start seeding again

I think I don't have other option than do this,can I do somethint to prevent this happens again? The .bak files don't seem very much efficient so I don't know what can I do honestly.

1 minute ago, Rhubarb said:

That's the one - sort by type and all the ones with a comet are the .torrent files

They shoul start in the download folder but it will ask if you want to start as thereare incomplete files (or words to that effect). Click 'allow' and it may do a hash check but then it will start seeding again

I had someones that were at 50percent do I have to download them from zero or they will mantain the progress?

It's a computer - strange things always happen

It will do a hash check and then start to fetch any missing parts - it won't start over again unless there are corrupted files