To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Multiple task list on a bitcomet

StivVy

If I not wrong few years ago we are able to open two BitComet on one computer at the same time. Now the new versions are limited to only one and need to close before opening another. The reason why I need two BitComet running at the same time is because of my task list got mixed up when my hard disk failed and send for recovery. I begin to use another BitComet from scratch. Now that they have returned my hard disk and my old task list can still be used. Some tasks have duplicates and I cannot compare with one another. 

I come to think of how excel sheets have those multiple tab sheets where we can save different tabs in one. It will be useful for BitComet to have this feature. Some advantage I can think of are as below:

1. When task list becomes too long we can export and achieve the old ones, also to import an old achieve list in a new tab to search for old files. Currently the import task list function will add-on with the existing ones, skipping the duplicate ones and we will not know which are the duplicate ones skipped.

2. This also helps lighten the load of BitComet without any loss of data. In the past I have to delete the tasks when list it is long or laggy. If I export I will have trouble importing back in due to the reason above. I have few thousands of tasks and it can be quite tedious when tasks got mixed up, since I cannot run two BitComet session at same time.

3. This feature will solve the lagging issue when we have huge amount of tasks. Just need to export and save without worry of duplicating task.

4. It helps organise our task better. We can have each tab for different type of downloads.

You'll need to set folder view options to show all files and folders. Go to C:\Appdata\Roaming and copy the bitcomet folder from there and try merging it with the new one. It will ask if you want to overwrite a file - you can either say 'n' or you can rename it to 'whaterev2.torrent' and then delete all the *2 files

On 4/18/2021 at 5:40 AM, Rhubarb said:

You'll need to set folder view options to show all files and folders. Go to C:\Appdata\Roaming and copy the bitcomet folder from there and try merging it with the new one. It will ask if you want to overwrite a file - you can either say 'n' or you can rename it to 'whaterev2.torrent' and then delete all the *2 files

Actually the download list is more important. I dont mind the .torrent files being overwritten but I need the download list to be able to tell me which are the items already exist when using import download list function. This is so that I can delete the duplicate items as I don't save all of them in the same location. It is all over my different drives. 

Screenshot 2021-04-20 232055.jpg

Inked2021-04-20_231438_LI.jpg