To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloading not working anymore

Fisbane

So I have been using bitcomet for years now without any issues up until about a week or so ago.  Now any torrent I attempt to download even tho it says connected to at least 1 seed and multiple peers still sits at 0% for 6 hours or more.  I am used to getting episodes/movies/software in minutes.  I do use PeerBlock along with it which has never given me issues, however the latest version will not install for some reason so I am using version 1.78.

Running windows 10 pro

Decent enough hardware

unfortunately no access to the router any longer

Definitely enough hard drive space

Any help much appreciated

The installation failure could be down to your A/V objecting to the installer app (it thinks it's a Trojan). Turn off the A/V for the installation and turn it back on once it's done

It sounds (as you have lost access to the router) that you are being blocked - you could try different ports to see if you can get round that but with 64K of possible port numbers, I doubt if that will work

You need to set a fixed IP with ports open in the router to match the ports on the computer

I repeat - if you are denied access to the router, then you are probably being blocked and there is nothing that can be done unless your network manager allows it

• 6 months later...

What are you  talking about?

The question here was in connecting to the internet and it doesn't matter what torrent site you want to use, if there's a problem on the L AN.