To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

snapshot and comment unable to view

drishnavin

I can't help much there. Personally I find both snapshots and comments are of no real value (I already know what I'm downloading so I don't need to see stuff like 'Gee - it's great' or clips from a video that I intend to watch anyway)

• Sad 1

no one here questioned your level of appreciation for them. Nor your lack of interest in them, however what we are saying is that it appears to be the same problem that was discovered earlier, as stated in this very thread. Can no one simply LOOK and see if those 'servers' or blocks of programming are in fact functioning?

On 3/7/2023 at 3:21 PM, Rhubarb said:

I can't help much there. Personally I find both snapshots and comments are of no real value (I already know what I'm downloading so I don't need to see stuff like 'Gee - it's great' or clips from a video that I intend to watch anyway)

I mean where in there did you even speak to the issue, it's simply your stance on our questions, and practices. Are you someone who intends to help, or obstruct and hinder?

And I get it, you do it for free, well, then if you dislike it to this degree, maybe consider another venue?

Edited by SlvrSrfr (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I simply said that it's not a feature I have much use for.

However, there are a couple of possiobilities from other posts:

1 - there is a server issue (probable as there is also a problem with downloads 'timing out' )

2 - MS has made a lot of changes and IE is, basically, defunct. It's possible that the connectivity between BC and IE is borked due to somethin g MS did that broke compatability

• Confused 1

On 3/8/2023 at 7:21 AM, Rhubarb said:

It is very useful on the Torrent Exchange feature

• Thanks 1

The complaint has been going on for quite a while now and the devs told someone some time ago that it would be fixed 'with the next release'. Unfortunately no-one here on the forum has any idea when that might happen. It's a lesser priority than other problems really. There's one that has recently cropped up where downloads are stopping between 99% and 100% which, you have to admit, is a more critical issue.

Keep in mind that no-one gets paid for anything here or in the development of the app (it's all voluntary and any money raised from adverts goes to maintaining the servers)

• Sad 1

I appreciate what the team has been doing for the BitComet app. I used that feature most of the time, which is why I chose BitComet over other torrent apps.

The bug report is just to inform you about the status of that existing feature. I just hope the team can fix it someday soon, it doesn't have high priority but it is useful.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2023 at 7:21 AM, Rhubarb said:

not always use this, but this this why i still using bitcomet. still hope can get it fix.

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to a solution here. The Torrent Collection and Snapshots feature is the only reaon I've kept using torrents and BC nearing two decades now. I wish this project would become open-source on git and run on donations/ads.

Before I learned about this thread and the server issue, I'd reinstalled different versions/settings of BC, reinstalled W10 and upgraded to W11 afterwards, and moments ago added the fileshot cert to trust list, but none has worked.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 12:06 AM, SlvrSrfr said:

and it continues. As was said in the previous thread, the old one. Someone in the end simply checked on such and such server, saw that it was down, restarted it apparently, because for years afterwards it worked fine.

Five months to the day, and still nothing. When will there be any explanation on how to fix the snapshot and comment tabs not functioning. I am sure I am not the only one. And again if you can read the thread where a former staff member was able to identify the problem, explain to me or us how we can fix our systems to make it work right?

On 3/15/2023 at 4:57 AM, aznpanty said:

Looking forward to a solution here. The Torrent Collection and Snapshots feature is the only reaon I've kept using torrents and BC nearing two decades now. I wish this project would become open-source on git and run on donations/ads.

Before I learned about this thread and the server issue, I'd reinstalled different versions/settings of BC, reinstalled W10 and upgraded to W11 afterwards, and moments ago added the fileshot cert to trust list, but none has worked.

Me 3

On 3/9/2023 at 8:12 PM, Rhubarb said:

The complaint has been going on for quite a while now and the devs told someone some time ago that it would be fixed 'with the next release'. Unfortunately no-one here on the forum has any idea when that might happen. It's a lesser priority than other problems really. There's one that has recently cropped up where downloads are stopping between 99% and 100% which, you have to admit, is a more critical issue.

Keep in mind that no-one gets paid for anything here or in the development of the app (it's all voluntary and any money raised from adverts goes to maintaining the servers)

yes and any word on this? please.

• 1 month later...

and skimming back over it, at least a dozen folks found their way hear to express the issue, and dismissed out of hand. Essentially ignored all together. And you can believe that it represents a fraction of the affected users. But since it is a feature you, 'are not interested in....'

So, after 2 additional years are you intending to ever fulfill this modest request? Or since it does not rate high enough on your personal cool meter, how about asking anyone else on the dev team to check it out? B/C it seems as though the prior person did what you are doing only to be informed by a subordinate that they were mistaken, and it could be fixed easily. Even a few moments of your time to actually look into it would be appreciated. Two years, come on..... or pass the job on to someone motivated.

Edited by SlvrSrfr (see edit history)

Look at it this way - a dozen people (out of a user base of thousands) have a problem that, no matter what I have tried, I simply can NOT reproduce.

The issue is not being ignored - they were asked to check on THEIR computer for some setting (maybe a file utility, A/V or some other app) that is causing the issue.

If it was a bug in the program, then there wouldn't have been a handful spread over a couple of years - the forum would be flooded with 'me toos' and the problem would be able to be reproduced on other machines.

As i simply haven't got a clue as to how their computer is set up or what other apps they are running, all I can do here is to try yo replicate the fault. As I am completely unable to do this, I have to deduce that it is NOT inherent in BitComet but some setting on the other computer.

There is a limit as to how deep I can go to investigate - any deeper would require access to their computer and, unless they live in Ireland, that's not very likely to happen