To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

snapshot and comment unable to view

drishnavin

I have the same problem. On both Windows and MacOS, at different locations (home and office). I use multiple browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Edge). Turned off all firewall. Nothing works.

I'm at Eastern US. Bitcomet version 1.95. Tried to download older version but still cannot solve the problem.

Any suggestions? Is it because the servers are down or just local setting problem? Or maybe the ISP in my area are blocking the snapshot server? Thanks.

Edited by xxc
modify question (see edit history)

Blocking? it's possible, however, did you check if there are any snapshots after download is complete?

Comments only really work if people actually post them (most don't) and, if it isn't there, then you won't get it

• Sad 1

on torrent collection there are some torrents with comments or snapshots or both

recently(for quite a long time now) I cannot view both of them with the same issue

i have tried various means, turning off firewall, updating the client, changing internet options etc, none seemed to work, I thought it is the problem with the server as the server that hosts the comment and snapshot may be down, but now it doesn't seem to be the issue(maybe it is blocked by the internet provider but I don't know the host for comments and snapshots so I don't know)

I am using windows10, I am able to navigate to different websites using IE that's built in bitcomet, but This program cannot display the webpage still occurs when attempting to view comments and snapshots

• Thanks 1

I have this same issue...  

We're talking about the Snapshot tab of a downloading or loaded torrent (Both in the All Downloads area and Torrent Collection area).

Rhubarb references the usage of Firefox, but i'm not sure how that's relevant because i'm not aware of how we can switch which browser is used to display the snapshots.

(i'm assuming you're talking about changing the browser used to embed within that window).

So, is there a way to choose which embedded browser is used to display those snapshots?

Otherwise, i'm not sure why Browser makes an issue.

Alternatively, is there a way to extract the URL that's being referenced when it looks for the snapshot page, such that we can try to see if we can get to the page outside of BitComet?

• Thanks 1

I tried to install firefox and make it default, uninstalled bitcomet and reinstalled off and on the pc again, but nothing always gives me the same error, and I can't see the snapshots, or tried among various settings if I had changed something, but it seems everything ok, I don't know what to do anymore.

• Thanks 1

I have the same issue with any versions of Bitcomet (MacOS version) not only the latest version. It did work before, but now every time i open the "Comments" or "Snapshots" tab, it shows only This program cannot display the webpage.

• Thanks 1

+1

17 hours ago, donut said:

I have the same issue with any versions of Bitcomet (MacOS version) not only the latest version. It did work before, but now every time i open the "Comments" or "Snapshots" tab, it shows only This program cannot display the webpage.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2022 at 12:06 AM, xxc said:

I have the same problem. On both Windows and MacOS, at different locations (home and office). I use multiple browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Edge). Turned off all firewall. Nothing works.

I'm at Eastern US. Bitcomet version 1.95. Tried to download older version but still cannot solve the problem.

Any suggestions? Is it because the servers are down or just local setting problem? Or maybe the ISP in my area are blocking the snapshot server? Thanks.

Update:  I tried using VPN with Bitcomet to test if it is the ISP issue. Turns out it maybe not.  I tried to VPN to Ireland, Brazil, Vietnam, South Korea, Austrilia... nothing works. It is highly possible that this is a Bitcomet issue rather than the ISP.

Could anyone get the comment and snapshot working currently? Please share. 

6 hours ago, xxc said:

Update:  I tried using VPN with Bitcomet to test if it is the ISP issue. Turns out it maybe not.  I tried to VPN to Ireland, Brazil, Vietnam, South Korea, Austrilia... nothing works. It is highly possible that this is a Bitcomet issue rather than the ISP.

Could anyone get the comment and snapshot working currently? Please share. 

Update 2:

OK Get reports from multiple regions saying problems with comment and snapshot for a long period.

The comment server is https://www.xytalk.net

The snapshot server is https://image.fileshot.net

Both are currently down (ping is OK but cannot be accessed by any web browser). Let's hope it can be fixed soon.

• Like 1

miracolo, l'istantanea funziona, o hai fatto qualcosa per mordere cometa, o dopo innumerevoli test ho trovato il browser predefinito giusto per bitcomet, io uso edge, dichiaro all'inizio non ha funzionato per me, ma ora sì, non provo più ora, lascerò tutto così, speriamo per il meglio.

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2022 at 9:27 PM, xxc said:

Update 2:

OK Get reports from multiple regions saying problems with comment and snapshot for a long period.

The comment server is https://www.xytalk.net

The snapshot server is https://image.fileshot.net

Both are currently down (ping is OK but cannot be accessed by any web browser). Let's hope it can be fixed soon.

yup both, 404 error

Edited by SlvrSrfr (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Which version are you using (current is 1.98)? The reason for asking is that the versions on sourceforge, etc are at least two behind the official website one

19 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

Which version are you using (current is 1.98)? The reason for asking is that the versions on sourceforge, etc are at least two behind the official website one

Yes, I am using version 1.98