To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How to Transfer "Torrent Exchange" Database to a New Install?

set show all folders and go to <username>\AppData\Local and also AppData\Local and copy the BitComet folders to a temp folder and then re-install BC. Once it's installed copy the folders back in their respective directories.

Note: - While the folders are retained during an update, this will NOT work if you have already loaded the new version after deleting the older as it will have overwritten the older files

On 3/2/2024 at 12:22 AM, Rhubarb said:

set show all folders and go to <username>\AppData\Local and also AppData\Local and copy the BitComet folders to a temp folder and then re-install BC. Once it's installed copy the folders back in their respective directories.

Note: - While the folders are retained during an update, this will NOT work if you have already loaded the new version after deleting the older as it will have overwritten the older files

I did that just that with the entire folder before but the torrent exchange database didn't transfer over. I have to start new again.

I cannot copy replace my entire folder since I have been running a new BitComet for sometime now.

Can you tell me which folder contains the the exchange database so I can will try again?