To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Using Vista and Bitcomet - 100% downloaded, but doesn't show up in the Downloads folder

catchagato

I'm using Vista Beta and I just downloaded a movie using Bitcomet 0.70. The file is complete, but when I open up my downloads folder in Bitcomet, there's nothing there...Can anyone help? And if you've figured out a solution to this problem, can you please post up the steps to solve it? Thanks~

I would do a full system search for the file/s.

I'm not personally aware of any conflict with vista beta, but have heard several reports of bugs in the newest vista beta 2.

I would think that the files have to be there if bit comet sees them as complete. Perhaps you can enable viewing of system and hidden files (perhaps they were mislabled by vista).

Suspect

Windows always seems to want to "help" you by hiding some files and folders from you, particularly in the program files tree. Recheck your explorer settings and tell it to show you everything.

I was having the same issue. The files are not hidden. It's apermissions thing. Rather than messing around with the whole permissions and inheritance stuf, the fix is simple. You must set the download path to your desktop or My Documents. Any folder that is part of your local account. Also, do not use the web browser that is part of BitComet. You will always get the 0.torrent error. Use your regular browser (Firefox/IE etc.) For whatever reason, you will not get the 0.torrent error and your downloads will work fine and your downloaded files will accessible.

The error would be quite different if it were a permission problem -- BitComet would be unable to write to the download directory and, rather than appearing to download successfully, would stop and show a red X as the torrent status icon.

I agree with Kluelos, your windows vista is "hiding" the files from you. I don't care to use windows beta versions, as the current versions have enough bugs already... :P

Just alittle humor.... no offense intended. :)

Its a matter of enabling viewing of the files, but as the other member suggested, downloading to your my documents folder would be an easy fix.

If bit comet is seeding the file/s, then we know they are there, just cannot view them in windows explorer.

Suspect